Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL Won't Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get severe graphical glitches whenever I use it.
Yeap, with your AMD graphics card, you should be using the Direct3D 11 backend
(04-21-2018, 08:37 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Yeap, with your AMD graphics card, you should be using the Direct3D 11 backend

I have a NVIDIA graphics card. Also, I can only get Shadow the Hedgehog to not crash with OpenGL.
Make sure you have the latest drivers from the vendor's website (nvidia.com or amd.com) - the windows update ones are often old and buggy compared to those.

If you switch graphics cards (even the same company or generation) it's normally a good idea to do a full removal of the driver first (there's a tool called "DDU" - or "Display Driver Installer" - that can help with this). I've even seen issues caused by updating the drivers that can be "fixed" by a clean removal and reinstall, but they're extremely rare. If you have the latest drivers, and the issues aren't specific to dolphin (IE all OpenGL apps break in various ways) it might be worth a try cleaning the current driver then re-installing them.
I do.
Wow, using the latest update with D3D11, the game now locks up at bosses and I also get glitchy cutscenes.

Also, I had an older version of Dolphin that DID work with OpenGL that I used a few days ago, but I can't remember which version it was.

I also get a message about MSAA, no matter the settings I use under OpenGL.
Check your graphics card control panel to make sure it isn't forcing any anti aliasing.
(04-22-2018, 11:01 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Check your graphics card control panel to make sure it isn't forcing any anti aliasing.

OK, but I still don't know how to stop the game from crashing, locking up or glitching.
(04-22-2018, 12:13 PM)Blob55 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, but I still don't know how to stop the game from crashing, locking up or glitching.

What game?
(04-22-2018, 06:07 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]What game?

Shadow the Hedgehog.