Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolby Pro Logic II decoder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

uVSthem

I cannot seem to get the Dolby Pro Logic II decoder not matter what settings or what game I try it on. I know some games you need to turn it on in the game's in game options menu but no matter what I do I only get 2.0 stereo audio. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try to get it working correctly?
Is that happening in 5.0 stable or the latest 5.0 dev builds?
Are you using HLE audio or LLE audio?
Are you using Cubeb or some other audio backend?

uVSthem

I tried stable. Now I'm on 5.0-7036
LLE audio
Tried Cubeb, Xaudio and Open AL
Any help please? I'm having the same problem.

I read a bunch of old threads about OpenAL and would like to know how are things now.

I'm on Latest Windows 10 x64 with Realtek ALC887 official drivers.

How should I setup my Dolphin to get correct 5.1 output?

Xaudio seems like it doesn't have DPL II decoder, right?

So LLE+ cubeb + DPL II checked and Windows sound settings set to 2.0 while if there is an option in the game menu, DPL II is selected there as well?

Any help please?
(04-16-2019, 06:12 PM)Tayyo Wrote: [ -> ]So LLE+ cubeb + DPL II checked and Windows sound settings set to 2.0 while if there is an option in the game menu, DPL II is selected there as well?
Windows Sound Settings set to Surround 5.1. Yes, enable any DPL2 settings in the game if there are any. You need to have at least 4 speakers connected to your PC and preferably 5.1. You need to have the DSP rom dumped from your Wii or Gamecube and added to Dolphin in the right place.
(04-17-2019, 09:22 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Windows Sound Settings set to Surround 5.1.  Yes, enable any DPL2 settings in the game if there are any.  You need to have at least 4 speakers connected to your PC and preferably 5.1.  You need to have the DSP rom dumped from your Wii or Gamecube and added to Dolphin in the right place.

Thanks Skid.

It's super duper skippy though. Whenever I check the DPL II on the dolphin settings, regardless of the backend, the audio crackles, skips, the sound from the rear output is kind of weird (tested it with super mario sunshine 5.1 tester in ingame settings menu and the rear drums don't sound like the front ones).

I think I'll have to wait some more until the whole thing is fixed.

Still, thank you for your reply and the work you put in development.
My stutter problem is somehow fixed after a restart.
(04-17-2019, 09:22 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Windows Sound Settings set to Surround 5.1.  Yes, enable any DPL2 settings in the game if there are any.  You need to have at least 4 speakers connected to your PC and preferably 5.1.  You need to have the DSP rom dumped from your Wii or Gamecube and added to Dolphin in the right place.

Mate I found the why the skipping problem happens. It's the official Dolphin.

I'm using 5.0.9896 and whenever I check DPL II sound becomes garbled. It doesn't happen on Ishiiruka 1081.
(04-19-2019, 04:35 PM)Tayyo Wrote: [ -> ]Mate I found the why the skipping problem happens. It's the official Dolphin.

I'm using 5.0.9896 and whenever I check DPL II sound becomes garbled. It doesn't happen on Ishiiruka 1081.

There's currently a problem with the combination DPL II and audio stretching. Do you have audio stretching enabled?
Man, I'm sorry for not trying different combinations before Sad

You're right. It was the culprit.