Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, Black Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Liquidus

Hi there fellow emulator playerz
I have a huge problem whenever I start Pokemon XD I pass the screen that says to press any button along with the the screen that shows "The Pokemon Company" and "Genius Sonority" but after that true Darkness appears and a black screen looks me in the eye for eternity.

Dolphin Version:
Dolphin 5.0
windows x64

My laptop:
MSI GF62 7RE-2025
Operating System: Windows 10, x64-bit
Processor/CPU: Intel i7-7700HQ, 2.8 GHZ
Video Card/GPU: NVIDIA GeForceĀ® GTX 1050TI 4G GDDR5
Memory/RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz

p.s there was an old thread with a similar problem but it was posted like 9 years back and its solutions did not help me
out, so I'm bringing this problem back for possibly a more updated solution.
(04-16-2018, 12:59 PM)Liquidus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there fellow emulator playerz
I have a huge problem whenever I start Pokemon XD I pass the screen that says to press any button along with the the screen that shows "The Pokemon Company" and "Genius Sonority" but after that true Darkness appears and a black screen looks me in the eye for eternity.

Dolphin Version:
Dolphin 5.0
windows x64

My laptop:
MSI GF62 7RE-2025
Operating System: Windows 10, x64-bit
Processor/CPU: Intel i7-7700HQ, 2.8 GHZ
Video Card/GPU: NVIDIA GeForceĀ® GTX 1050TI 4G GDDR5
Memory/RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz

p.s there was an old thread with a similar problem but it was posted like 9 years back and its solutions did not help me
out, so I'm bringing this problem back for possibly a more updated solution.

I know it is working properly on the latest development build which you can find at the top of the download pages.
It could also be a broken image, so right click the game in the dolphin game list, select properties, go to the INFO tab and click Generate MD5, then please post MD5 here so we can verify your dump.

Liquidus

(04-16-2018, 05:04 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]I know it is working properly on the latest development build which you can find at the top of the download pages.
It could also be a broken image, so right click the game in the dolphin game list, select properties, go to the INFO tab and click Generate MD5, then please post MD5 here so we can verify your dump.

Thx mate the problem was with my image file had to *fix* or redump it or whatever it's called.