Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: keyboard/mouse recognition stopped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aobapup

Hi everyone!
I downloaded Dolphin 5.0 and got my first game, Harvest Moon Animal Parade. It successfully opened up and I was able to use my computer mouse and keyboard keys to navigate the game and even create a save file.
It was a little tricky using the keys so I decided it'd be better to configure a xbox 360 controller to the game, so I got one hooked up to my computer and configured the buttons and put it on the right input. When I started the game again the controller didn't responded at all.  I figured that maybe it's possible the game doesn't support the xbox controller and decided to go back to using keyboard and mouse since that at least worked...

but after reverting back to the normal settings the mouse/keyboard didn't work either! Plus now I get a message pop up in the game saying

"Wii remote and nunchuck is disconnected"

it was then I configured the individual keys for keyboard and mouse thinking that might help. It didn't

Thinking it was Dolphin, I uninstalled it and reinstalled 5.0 again. I thought that maybe it could fix the problem, but after downloading it again and starting up Harvest Moon the same problem consists.

The keyboard and mouse is definitely supported in this game since it worked just fine originally, but now that it's stopped I don't know what I should do to fix it. It won't even let me get past "connect wii remote" screen let alone recognize any mouse and key clicking

I've tried looking up this problem, but I can't find anyone else with a thread like this. I'd really appreciate any help. I've added a photo of my controller configuration, but currently it's on the base config (the same as it was when it worked originally)

Thanks!
Look about halfway down the Controller Configuration window and you'll see a section titled "Wiimotes." Everything above that is for GameCube controllers, which is what you've configured. You should set Wiimote 1 to "Emulated Wii Remote", and then configure that emulated remote to use mouse and keyboard. I think you'll also have to set the emulated remote to have the nunchuck extension and configure that as well.

aobapup

(04-07-2018, 04:35 AM)addestroyer Wrote: [ -> ]Look about halfway down the Controller Configuration window and you'll see a section titled "Wiimotes." Everything above that is for GameCube controllers, which is what you've configured.  You should set Wiimote 1 to "Emulated Wii Remote", and then configure that emulated remote to use mouse and keyboard.  I think you'll also have to set the emulated remote to have the nunchuck extension and configure that as well.

YOU SAVED MEEEE

yup that was it, I hadn't had it configured to a wii remote! Thank you so much for your help! I'm still so new to Dolphin so when things started failing for me I was giving up hope fast. I'm just so glad this was a simple fix!

Rachuu

(04-07-2018, 03:13 PM)aobapup Wrote: [ -> ]YOU SAVED MEEEE

yup that was it, I hadn't had it configured to a wii remote! Thank you so much for your help! I'm still so new to Dolphin so when things started failing for me I was giving up hope fast. I'm just so glad this was a simple fix!

Hey there, I just found this post and I'm pretty much having the same issues. I was wondering if you could post a picture of your wii remote settings and your nunchuck settings so I could follow along? I've been struggling to fix this for two days and this post is the closest thing I've found to a possible solution. Thank you in advance!