Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gecko code injection help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a code for Zelda Collectors Edition for widescreen taken from the dolphin wiki. The code worked fine for me in dolphin but when I tried to load the code on my wii via nintendont it never ran the game. Instead it showed a error message followed by lines of code in a loop. I would really appreciate it if I could get some help here. My goal is to put this code directly into the ROM so nintendont doesn't have to load it. I apologize ahead of time if this is the wrong place to put this.
AFAIK gecko codes written for Dolphin are generally not compatible with real hardware
(04-05-2018, 03:18 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK gecko codes written for Dolphin are generally not compatible with real hardware

Is there any way at all to make it useable like putting it in the start.dol like I was kind of thinking?
(04-05-2018, 04:11 PM)SuperMario4343 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way at all to make it useable like putting it in the start.dol like I was kind of thinking?

Dolphin Emulates the Wii hardware, but is (still) flawed and is missing things (for example there is no Cache or Startlet processor emulation) thanks to this the codes created for Dolphin are/can be significantly different to the codes that a real Wii needs. So what you need to do is find the same memory locations on the real hardware and create a code that will do what you want .
(04-05-2018, 08:14 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin Emulates the Wii hardware, but is (still) flawed and is missing things (for example there is no Cache or Startlet processor emulation) thanks to this the codes created for Dolphin are/can be significantly different to the codes that a real Wii needs. So what you need to do is find the same memory locations on the real hardware and create a code that will do what you want .

What's really odd to me is that I used Wind Wakers code from the wiki and it works just fine. When I go to use the Collectors Edition code it never works. Do you think you could explain that to me?
Dolphin is a fairly good emulator, but not perfect. People can rely on things we do wrong sometimes if they don't test on console.
(04-06-2018, 07:46 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin is a fairly good emulator, but not perfect.  People can rely on things we do wrong sometimes if they don't test on console.

Well I only used these codes because they were the only ones I could find. If anyone knows how to make a widescreen code that would be much appreciated. Just so I can do it on my own without having to rely on there already being one. If anyone knows how to make it compatible with Wii hardware or knows of any other codes that would be helpful too.