Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best setting for lower end PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MhManBearPig

My pc isn't a beefcake by any means, but it does play a lot of stuff a lot better then I ever expected. So when I found out about GameCube emulator I was on board right away! So my question now is for the spec of my pc, what would be the most optimal settings?? And please "dumb" it down for me please, I'm still a PCaster race Virgin of sorts. So not super familiar with a lot of the terms.

Dell Optiplex 790 intel i5-2400 3.1GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 FTW DDR5 2GB
16GB of RAM
Windows 10 64bit

That's all I got going on in that thing. So what be the best settings wise to get the most out of my pc?

Thank you!!
Your PC should be able to run quite a few games without serious issues. I'd just start with the default settings and tweak from there, with the biggest slow features being Store EFB Copies to RAM and the Store XFB Copies to RAM (or RealXFB in older builds.)

There are some games that'll be a bit too strenuous to maintain full speed at all times, but, it shouldn't be all that common among the popular games.
thats not low end

MhManBearPig

I'm asking because I'm new to the PC game, I'll keep things at default and go from there, but what settings would you all recommend?
In terms of what settings is safe to play around with, playing around with Internal Resolution in Graphics > Enhancements is generally safe. If you have a 1080p display, set it to 3x.

If you're on the latest development build, setting shader compilation to "Async (Ubershaders)" in Graphics > General and check "compile shaders before starting" will remove shader compilation stutter during gameplay
My PC Specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 12.0 GB (11.9 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen and Touch: Pen and Touch Support with 10 Touch Points
Graphics Card: Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Chip Type: Intel® UHD Graphics Family
DAC Type: Internal
Adapter String: Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Bios Info: Intel Video BIOS
Monitor 1: My HP Laptop/PC
Monitor 2: Philips 105S (105S2)
GB: 915
I'm On Core i5, The 8th Gen.
Don't bump old threads.