Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can i run dolphin??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HAWK

hello,i am new here

i want to play some gamecube games, not the games of wii
the games that i want to play are the zelda games and in general the gamecube rpgs

my system is

windows vista sp2
intel core 2 duo 2ghz
3gb ram
gpu nvidia geforce G105M
gpu ram 512mb
Assuming your vista install is 64 bit, it'll run, but it won't be full speed in a lot of games.

HAWK

no my system is 32bit
so i cant run at all dolphin??
You need a 64-bit OS. If you're willing to install a Linux distro, plenty of those are available for free online.

If that's not an option, consider waiting a bit to save up for better hardware and a 64-bit Windows OS. If you have a price in mind, we can offer you suggestions on what to purchase.
you should be able to install a 64bit of vista or more better support windows. While not support and not recommend older version of dolphin 32 bit is also a option, however you won't have the fixes of the new version of dolphin or the support either. You better off getting a new computer I modern i3 with it integrated graphic would be much faster in general then what you have and run dolphin much faster then you current computer.
(04-02-2018, 09:28 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]modern i3
A modern Pentium would work just as well for Dolphin. However, with Intel's newest naming scheme, it'd have to be a Pentium Gold rather than a Pentium Silver.

(04-02-2018, 09:28 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]integrated graphic would be much faster
Anybody using integrated graphics for games would be much better served by one of the Ryzen chips that come with integrated graphics.

And of course, any sort of integrated graphics should be paired with dual-channel RAM (using fast RAM would be better yet, but dual-channel is the most important).
clearly Nintendo Maniac 64 didn't read all of my message . I stated that the integrated graphic would be much faster then then his current computer not that it was the best you could get. As for why i didn't said the pentium. The pentium series is so confusing with it number scheme that it require me to look at intel website to find if based on the current core design(gold in newer pentium) or the atom design(silver), because i didn't what him to get a bay trail pentium and ask why wasn't working well for example.
(04-04-2018, 11:32 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]I stated that the integrated graphic would be much faster then then his current computer not that it was the best you could get.

But...why? The cheapest i3 costs more than a Ryzen 2200G yet the i3 has a much worse iGPU.

Yes the CPU would be better on the i3, but in that case a Pentium would perform just as well in Dolphin and be cheaper than both an i3 and the Ryzen (though it'd have to be a G4600 at minimum as anything lower has the slower HD610 iGPU rather than the HD630 used in i3/i5/i7).
The point of my post wasn't to get that cpu but that reasonable modern parts would be much faster. I only mention i3 cause the Pentium confusing number scheme that require research as bay trail\cherry trail pentium would be slow then what he is using for dolphin. You right though ryzen 2200g would be a better option.