Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 360 Controller Left Analog Stick "problems"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

skyewing

The emulator works great, I have been following this project for the last year, and it has grown by leaps and bounds... but there is just one eensy little problem I have.

I bought a 360 controller (usb wired of course) and it works great with all my pc games. But when I use it with dolphin I have this really weird problem.
In all the games I have tested, the left analog controller which is used for movement doesnt behave right. When im controlilng the character and i tilt the stick in a certain spot it flips my character around in a 360, making games like zelda ww extremely incapable of playing as I cant even get link(sorry) to move and jump in the direction I want him to half the time. Really its the only thing stopping me from using the emulator, ive looked and looked but havent been able to find anyone else having the same problem. Maybe they have it and think its their controller( like i did at first) but it is something to do with the 360 plugin, Or it could be because i have a generic controller(joymax), but if I could figure out how to fix this, I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you for your time to read this, and if someone else has this problem. Please POST!

skyewing

Wow really im the only person having this problem?
Do i need to make a video to show exactly what the problem is.

All i know is i do not have any problems with pcsx2's pad plugin, maybe thats who ill donate next to.

Doubletap

I have this problem. I am dying for a solution. I use an xbox 360 wireless controller to play dolphin and every game I play it acts weird with the left stick. I have run tests in other games and re-calibrated the pad several times. The problem is strictly within dolphin. I noticed this happened when i upgraded my pc. I swapped the motherboard and processor out for newer ones and when i tried to play dolphin i noticed this issue. I have tested it with a wired controller as well.

My setup:
MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard
AMD phenom II 955 3.2 ghz quad core processor
4gb DDR3 ram
EVGA gtx 295 graphics card
Windows vista ultimate 64 bit

Doubletap

I can't believe no one else has this problem or is able to shed any light on this.

twinturbo

You guys are not alone. I too am having the same problem. Is there any plans to address this "bug"?

This was my first post. Alow me to say; thanks for this awsome emulator!Big Grin
Sorry if this isnt explained to well, I also had this problem until i used xpadder. All i did was untick "enable xboxpad" and in that same menu copy the buttons mapped to the keyboard onto xpadder (this is to configure the gamecube controls).

Doubletap

I wish we didn't have to use xpadder. It wont give us the full range of analog control.
(12-13-2009, 06:47 PM)Doubletap Wrote: [ -> ]I wish we didn't have to use xpadder. It wont give us the full range of analog control.

What'dya mean? after setting it up correctly the analog works great, playing mario sunshine as we speak and it moves awesomely.

Doubletap

(12-14-2009, 03:50 AM)homemade88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2009, 06:47 PM)Doubletap Wrote: [ -> ]I wish we didn't have to use xpadder. It wont give us the full range of analog control.

What'dya mean? after setting it up correctly the analog works great, playing mario sunshine as we speak and it moves awesomely.

Well, if you map the stick to the WSAD keys for example, you wont be able to use the stick sensitivity to make the character only walk. You will also be restricted to running in a set degree in a diagonal direction...right?