Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario kart Wii running slowly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently got my hands on a Mario kart wii game disc, ripped it and put it into my computer. I have been using dolphin for a while now and almost all games (Wii/GC) can run at 1.5x native or sometimes 720p in low-demanding games. But I booted up Mario kart, and had to go all the way down to native, yet that still doesn't run at 100%. it stays in the 50-60 range, just barely below 60fps. I know that the disc is NTSC and not PAL, so there shouldn't be any reason why it would be running at a slower speed. I do think that the problem is because of my low-end CPU, because I am sure that my GPU can handle a Mario kart game. Someone tell me if my thesis is correct or if it is maybe my GPU? (Also this is not slow down at the menus, I know that in the menus the game always slows down to 30%, this is in the actual gameplay.)
Operating System:
Windows 10 Home x86
Processor/CPU:
Intel core i3 5th gen at @2.10Ghz
Video Card/GPU:
Intel HD 5500
Memory/RAM:
4 GB Built-in ram
Dolphin Revision Currently Using:
5.0 x86
Double check if you're actually running Windows 10 64-bit. If not, re-install Windows 10 as 64-bit (your license covers 32-bit and 64-bit), and then get the latest dev build of Dolphin
(03-28-2018, 11:55 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Double check if you're actually running Windows 10 64-bit. If not, re-install Windows 10 as 64-bit (your license covers 32-bit and 64-bit), and then get the latest dev build of Dolphin

If he is sure that he is using 5.0 then he has 64bit... there is no 32bit 5.0. But yeah always try to get the latest development version, those have tons of fixes and improvements.
(03-28-2018, 12:06 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]If he is sure that he is using 5.0 then he has 64bit... there is no 32bit 5.0. But yeah always try to get the latest development version, those have tons of fixes and improvements.

I do have the latest version of 5.0, and I do have window 10 64-bit. I just think its a hardware issue. I'm trying to figure out if I need to upgrade my CPU or GPU.
(03-29-2018, 05:28 AM)sazx44 Wrote: [ -> ]I do have the latest version of 5.0, and I do have window 10 64-bit. I just think its a hardware issue. I'm trying to figure out if I need to upgrade my CPU or GPU.

are you running 1x ir and no AA and all settings default?