Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help needed for settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Memes11

Hi,

Using 5.0 development (5.0-6658), on my capable machine (i5-4590 + 16GB DDR3 + GTX970), system on SSD, ROMs on HDD.

When I try to load Mario Kart Double-dash, the intro sequence can not even be played... FPS drops to single digit, it even freeze at time. I tried the different settings I could find to no avail...

Relatively fresh Windows install (win 10 Pro 64bits)

To be noted : I had it working quite well before on that very same machine (my Windows got corrupted due to bug sitting on the chair Confused). At that time, I was using Direct3D 12 for the graphics but it is not there anymore.

Any pointer where should I look? and which kind of FPS should I expect from my hardware?

Damderiam

(03-26-2018, 03:26 PM)Memes11 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Using 5.0 development (5.0-6658), on my capable machine (i5-4590 + 16GB DDR3 + GTX970), system on SSD, ROMs on HDD.

When I try to load Mario Kart Double-dash, the intro sequence can not even be played... FPS drops to single digit, it even freeze at time. I tried the different settings I could find to no avail...

Relatively fresh Windows install (win 10  Pro 64bits)

To be noted : I had it working quite well before on that very same machine (my Windows got corrupted due to bug sitting on the chair Confused). At that time, I was using Direct3D 12 for the graphics but it is not there anymore.

Any pointer where should I look? and which kind of FPS should I expect from my hardware?

Dolphin removed DX12 support in favor of Vulkan.  They're very similar to an end-user like you or me, but there may be something weird with your particular hardware that doesn't like it.  Try DX11 and see how that goes.

I assume you know enough about what you're doing that you already updated you GPU's drivers recently, but it sounds like Dolphin is trying to use the integrated graphics from your i5.  If you're sure drivers aren't the issue, look up how to disable integrated graphics.  My friend had an issue with this; all games were defaulting to integrated instead of GPU.

Memes11

I have the latest Nvidia drivers (downloaded yesterday). I also disabled the integrated graphics from the BIOS. I have already set to use Direct 3D 11, but to no avail.
(03-26-2018, 04:42 PM)Memes11 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the latest Nvidia drivers (downloaded yesterday). I also disabled the integrated graphics from the BIOS. I have already set to use Direct 3D 11, but to no avail.

Try the following and see if the issue still persists:
[color=#000000]1. If you haven't done so already download and extract the latest development version in a NEW folder *do not overwrite an existing installation*, you can find it at the top of the download page[/color]
[color=#000000]2. Download and install the latest nVidia Driver for your GPU (found here [/color][color=#006abd]http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.24/391.24-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe[/color][color=#000000])[/color]
[color=#000000]3. Turn off Shadowplay in the GeForce Experience[/color]
[color=#000000]4. Set the nVidia Control Panel to "Prefer Highest Performance" in the Advanced 3D settings[/color]
[color=#000000]5. Set up the Windows Power Options to "High Performance"[/color]
[color=#000000]6. Make sure Dolphin is running at its Default settings (by renaming the Dolphin Emulator folder in "My Documents" or by creating a portable.txt in the same folder as Dolphin.exe)[/color]
[color=#000000]7. In Dolphin set IR to 1x (Internal Resolution)[/color]
[color=#000000]8. Set Ubershaders to Hybrid[/color]
[color=#000000]9. Set Graphics Back-end to D3D[/color]
[color=#000000]10. Set Anti-Aliasing to 1x (or off)[/color]
[color=#000000]11. Set Sound back-end to CubeB and HLE[/color]
[color=#000000]12. Turn off Cheats[/color]

[color=#000000]and report back if the issue persists.[/color]

Memes11

Thanks for the help,

It works now, what I did :
1. force all settings in Nvidia panel to best. => no result
2. Go back to latest stable build => no result
3. Load ROM from the other HDD => It works!!!

Yes, my 1TB drive is reporting OK but obviously is not. it is slow like hell!!!

Memes11

even with ROMs on the NAS it actually works very well!!! Thanks to the dev of that awesome piece of software!!!