Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Intel HD4600 help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys, with the gpu boom, I sold mine. So, im on this super shi**y gpu until prices goes back to normal.

Since I had dolphin configured for a high end gpu, I have to make some changes.

I turned IR to x1, disable mssa. Still games like nsmb runs slow.

What else should I change?

I had many extra settings on cause high end card, like disable fast caculation. Turned on, but still slow. I plan to play not demanging games.

Vulkan also doesntwork with this lame gpu. So i choose dx11, not sure if its the best option for this gpu.

Thanks.
Remember to use Hybrid Ubershaders instead of Exclusive.
(03-26-2018, 09:43 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember to use Hybrid Ubershaders instead of Exclusive.

Or even ubershaders set to *gasp* none.

Also one thing that may be useful is that the Intel HD4600 can use Vulkan on Linux.
(03-26-2018, 09:46 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]Or even ubershaders set to *gasp* none.

Also one thing that may be useful is that the Intel HD4600 can use Vulkan on Linux.

I don´t think he wants to deal with "good" ol´ shader cache stuttering, you know...
Try a fresh config (using portaqble.txt or delete the config folder) to see if it's a dolphin setting issue or an issue with your system.
Thanks guys, didnt want to mess much. Could try portable, but maybe ticking, unticking a few settings could improve this. Im afraid to delete something, this been my dolphin folder for like 6 years. And I wont stay much longer with this utter cr*p gpu. As prices goes back to normal will jump on another card. But could take 1 month, 6 month, a year, nobody knows.

Uber is off atm. It will be great to have it on, but 60fps is main target now.

On temporal fix tab. I have everything unticked but fast depth calculation. Should I tick other ones?

ie. nsmb world 2-4 is awfully slow. Other worlds are more or less playables.
Most important for performance are EFB Copies to Texture Only and the fast texture cache. You can enable both safely, because Dolphin will disable them automatically, if it's known to cause a problem on a certain game. Also make sure to not enable Per-Pixel Lightning.

PS: Store XFB Copies to Texture Only should also be safe
Thanks guys. Will try that @mimimi

World 2-4 has wind and lot of coins flying. It goes insanely slow on this gpu. I hope that settings changes improve this.

Btw, I think per pixel lightning kills guitar hero videos. They should have that turned off in .ini I think.

Edit. What kills guitar hero videos is force texture filtering.
Btw, there is a reason why IR x 1.5 was removed?

1.5 didnt look that bad and this card cant handle x2.
Fractional IRs broke non trivial things. It won't be returning.
Pages: 1 2 3