Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Animal Crossing Save
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
every time I try to load my Animal Crossing town data, it takes me back to the beginning. I've saved it (multiple times) and still nothing.
can anyone help?
Try using latest dev build from the downloads section.
(03-26-2018, 09:30 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Try using latest dev build from the downloads section.

I think that broke it more...
It won't go past the "Nintendo" screen.
I'm going to get the full emulator again, I uninstalled it and see if it works now.
(03-26-2018, 09:59 AM)ehroyals81 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that broke it more...
It won't go past the "Nintendo" screen.
I'm going to get the full emulator again, I uninstalled it and see if it works now.

Ok yep its definitely the emulator.
I cannot get past the NINTENDO screen.
At all.
(03-26-2018, 10:22 AM)ehroyals81 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok yep its definitely the emulator.
At all.

Just in case, you did extract the build right?

If you did, try creating a blank file called portable.txt where you extracted Dolphin. Then try again.
(03-26-2018, 10:22 AM)ehroyals81 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok yep its definitely the emulator.
At all.

I have got it running here on the latest development version... 100% sure not the emulator.
Animal Crossing Gamecube works, Animal Crossing Lets go to the City Wii also works.

Please post the MD5 checksum of your iso by right clicking on the game in the Dolphin game list > Properties > Tab Info > Generate MD5.
(03-26-2018, 08:02 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]I have got it running here on the latest development version... 100% sure not the emulator.
Animal Crossing Gamecube works, Animal Crossing Lets go to the City Wii also works.

Please post the MD5 checksum of your iso by right clicking on the game in the Dolphin game list > Properties > Tab Info > Generate MD5.

7853049ccd0c1e2bffeb5b12393a5409
(did i do it right?)
EDIT: after I did that it works past that screen, and now it says I must format my thing)
(03-27-2018, 05:42 AM)ehroyals81 Wrote: [ -> ]7853049ccd0c1e2bffeb5b12393a5409
(did i do it right?)
EDIT: after I did that it works past that screen, and now it says I must format my thing)

Ok, that is a correct dump for the NTSC-U version of Animal Crossing GC.
The generate MD5 shouldn't do anything special though, it certainly isn't the reason why your game started working all of a sudden.
(03-27-2018, 05:42 AM)ehroyals81 Wrote: [ -> ]7853049ccd0c1e2bffeb5b12393a5409
(did i do it right?)

Ok, that is a correct dump for the NTSC-U version of Animal Crossing GC.
The generate MD5 shouldn't do anything special though, it certainly isn't the reason why your game started working all of a sudden.

Please do keep in mind that you have quite a slow CPU and the iGPU that is in there is not that strong either (both are certainly far below recommended specs) So it might just run slow and take very long to go to the next screen. Could you also post what your VPS says? (It should show it in the title bar of dolphin in windowed mode)

Emulation isn't like PC gaming, PC games run at their real speed no matter what FPS you get. Emulated games need their specified FPS (25/50 for PAL and 30/60 for NTSC) otherwise the whole game will slow down. (e.g. New Super Mario Bros Wii runs at 60FPS, if your computer is only fast enough to get 30FPS the game's speed will be 50% and everything will be half as fast.)