Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to fix audio crackle in Xenoblade Chronicles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-29-2018, 03:53 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno. I played Xenoblade to completion on a GTX 770 and 4790k. And Ryzen matches Haswell clock for clock in single threaded perf. Though, my 4790k runs at 4 ghz minimum.

Do other games have this problem for you or just Xenoblade?

Xenoblade is the only game I've tried running on Dolphin. It's my favorite game of all time so I wanted to try experiencing it with HD textures.
Ah. That may be it. Every report I've seen with people having issues with Xenoblade on capable hardware ended up being because of HD textures. If it's a DDS pack, you can try enabling the option to prefetch custom textures if you have enough RAM. That should remove stuttering you're getting. If it's a PNG pack, forget about that option. PNG packs decompress *huge* in memory, and even 32 GB probably wouldn't be enough.
Also, switch the audio backend back to XAudio or cubeb.

OpenAL is mostly deprecated these days.
If you're only using the base pack, the PNGs do fit into 16GB. Probably if you're using the optional stuff and the super high res packs it won't work, but I've prefetched the base PNG pack before, and I "only" have 16GB.

Also, didn't we add functionality to Dolphin so that we don't need to decompress textures anymore, or am I remembering that incorrectly?
(03-30-2018, 12:30 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]Also, didn't we add functionality to Dolphin so that we don't need to decompress textures anymore, or am I remembering that incorrectly?

Yes, but only for DDS.
Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying.
(03-30-2018, 12:30 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]Also, didn't we add functionality to Dolphin so that we don't need to decompress textures anymore, or am I remembering that incorrectly?

There is no point in caching compressed PNGs. Decompressing is a lot slower than accessing the disc. So we need to cache the decompressed images :/
So I just found about the "Xenoblade Chronicles HD Expansion Pack" project and the combination of using it and Ishiiruka-Dolphin seem to have eliminated the audio crackle for me \o/
It did introduce some new graphical glitches but I'm pretty sure I can get those sorted out by messing around with the graphical settings on the Expansion Pack installer.

Thanks for everyone for trying their best to help me get this thing working properly!
You´ll only have support from Tino in his thread if you stick with Ishiiruka, though...
Pages: 1 2