Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "Wiimote 1 disconnected by emulated software"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Monodroid

Hey guys. I have been playing a lot of gamecube games on the emulator using a PS4 controller, which has been working very well. I decided to try out a few Wii games and setting up the "emulated wiimote" to work as nunchuck and wiimote. However every Wii game I try I get the same error saying "Wiimote 1 disconnected by emulated software". I tried alt+F5 to reconnect but it doesn't work either. Thanks for future help.

Damderiam

(03-25-2018, 03:30 AM)Monodroid Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys. I have been playing a lot of gamecube games on the emulator using a PS4 controller, which has been working very well. I decided to try out a few Wii games and setting up the "emulated wiimote" to work as nunchuck and wiimote. However every Wii game I try I get the same error saying "Wiimote 1 disconnected by emulated software". I tried alt+F5 to reconnect but it doesn't work either. Thanks for future help.

I've had this problem a few times, and every time it was because the settings somehow got fucked up.  Go to the documents -> dolphin folder and delete your config folder and see if it fixes it.  If not, delete your dolphin folder - the one with the exe.  Basically just destroy anything you think may have saved a setting somewhere.
I have the same (or similar) problem using a Real (official) Wiimote with the DolphinBar.

After a lot of trial and error and finding out that if I ran dolphin-emu with root permissions, it just worked, I found this:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...#pid438745

That works perfectly and lets non-root users run dolphin-emu and have access to the DolphinBar.  You might need similar rules for whatever devices you are using for Dolphin

tayzzer

So I have no idea how/where to add that code, could someone help?

Blue Unity Scratch

my wii mote is emulated and only in the wii games the text box says "wiimote dissconected by emulated software" pls help!
(02-11-2020, 08:00 AM)Blue Unity Scratch Wrote: [ -> ]my wii mote is emulated and only in the wii games the text box says "wiimote dissconected by emulated software" pls help!

Same here , u got it fixed?

lyonsd12

(03-25-2018, 03:30 AM)Monodroid Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys. I have been playing a lot of gamecube games on the emulator using a PS4 controller, which has been working very well. I decided to try out a few Wii games and setting up the "emulated wiimote" to work as nunchuck and wiimote. However every Wii game I try I get the same error saying "Wiimote 1 disconnected by emulated software". I tried alt+F5 to reconnect but it doesn't work either. Thanks for future help.

same problem Sad 
someone knows how to fix it????

aidschbe

I had that issue until I turned off "Continuous Scanning" in the controller settings and that seems to have solved it. Used to reliably disconnect every few minutes (reconnecting did work after pressing it a few times), but now it hasn't happened in hours.

NamageM

I have the same problem, and I've tried to delete the Settings folder, and also All folders, but anyway, it doesn't work. Any ideas?
My settings are:Wiimotes> Wiimote 1>Real Wiimote
Real Wiimotes>Continuous Scanning> True
But my Wiimote hasn't on lights, but it has vibrated, Is it a hint?