Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hardware help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Windows 10 x64
Computer Brand and Style: HP 15. Laptop
Processor/CPU: Intel Celeron N3050 11.60GHz
Video Card/GPU: Intel HD Graphics
Memory/RAM: DDR3 4.00 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 5.0x64
HDD Space Free: 359 GB
HDD Size: 500 GB

These are my computer specs. Will this be good enough to run Gamecube games on Dolphin? I'm mainly looking to run Simpsons Road Rage and Simpsons Hit and Run. Until the Switch homebrew scene gets a gamecube working, this is my only way of playing these two games in the car. If you need any more info on the computer, I'll gladly provide it. Thanks in advanced for your help
(03-24-2018, 07:28 AM)Moline Wrote: [ -> ]Processor/CPU: Intel Celeron N3050 1.60GHz

In terms of raw performance without regard for power consumption, that Celeron shares the same CPU architecture as the most recent Atom CPUs which means it has a per-GHz performance that's more akin to an decade-plus old Core 2 Duo or Athlon 64 x2.

...so you might have a bad time, even if you use Linux as your OS combined with the newest development version of Dolphin set to Vulkan with 1x Internal Resolution and CPU Clock Override set to some lower value.

It is worth noting however that Simpsons Hit and Run had a Windows version, and performance-wise running the PC version should be easy - rather it'd be more of an issue of compatibility with the OS and drivers and such.

There's also a Game Boy Advance version of Simpsons Road Rage, but I wouldn't be surprised if the gameplay is quite different from the home console versions.

Alternatively, it would seem that both Simpsons games are two of the very few games that can actually run in original Xbox emulators, so assuming the ability to simply virtualize or perform direct code execution of the Xbox's Pentium 3-based CPU (which both XQEMU and CXBX-Reloaded support, the latter of which I believe relies on it exclusively), something like that could be a way to run the games decently on slower CPUs (but no guarantees!) assuming that other emulation bugs don't get in the way.
Sorry for the late reply. Got the windows version of hit and run working. This can be closed now if you wish.
(03-25-2018, 11:44 PM)Moline Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the late reply. Got the windows version of hit and run working. This can be closed now if you wish.

Good to hear, but isn't that only for "Hit and Run" and not both it and "Road Rage"?
(03-26-2018, 05:02 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear, but isn't that only for "Hit and Run" and not both it and "Road Rage"?

Yeah it is unfortunately.