Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth/Wiimote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ryandert

Hello,

I am currently trying to use the Real Wii Remote option, but the program will not connect to my Wiimote (Nintendo brand, non -TR). On the "Controllers" page, I am getting the error message "A supported Bluetooth device could not be found, so you must connect Wii Remotes manually." My computer, however, has bluetooth built into it, and I am able to connect the Wiimote to my computer via its native settings (I have, however, disconnected it from native in order to not interfere with Dolphin's connection). Is there truly no support for my computer's Bluetooth? If there is, how might I go about getting Dolphin to recognize it? If there is not, how to I "connect Wii Remotes manually"? Sorry if this question has been asked already, I'm just quite confused right now.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Ryan
(03-19-2018, 02:59 AM)ryandert Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I am currently trying to use the Real Wii Remote option, but the program will not connect to my Wiimote (Nintendo brand, non -TR). On the "Controllers" page, I am getting the error message "A supported Bluetooth device could not be found, so you must connect Wii Remotes manually." My computer, however, has bluetooth built into it, and I am able to connect the Wiimote to my computer via its native settings (I have, however, disconnected it from native in order to not interfere with Dolphin's connection). Is there truly no support for my computer's Bluetooth? If there is, how might I go about getting Dolphin to recognize it? If there is not, how to I "connect Wii Remotes manually"? Sorry if this question has been asked already, I'm just quite confused right now.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Ryan

Try setting up bluetooth passthrough for dolphin by installing the Zadig drivers on to your Bluetooth adapter and libusb needs to be installed as well. That way you will get a more stable connection since this is the way the Wii does it (it lets the game/wii interface with the Bluetooth module instead of with the Controller)