Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED]Problems running Resident Evil 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CarterCox

Hi! I am trying to run Resident Evil 4 and get this error:

GPU: OGL ERROR: Need OpenGL version 3.
GPU: Does your video card support OpenGL 3?

The thing is that my card probably doesn't support OpenGL 3 (using Intel graphics). Is there any way around it?

I have installed "mesa", and I'm using OpenGL as backend.
Yeah, pretty sure that isn't supported (might work in windows? still would be very poor)
Your GPU only supports GL 2.0 and D3D10.

You might be able to get Dolphin to boot in Windows using our Direct3D backend, but that GPU probably can't even handle stock settings at full speed.

CarterCox

Thanks for the answers!

I found out the version of OpenGL is 2.1.

So, I can't run any games? Or just this one?

Is there a way to use an older OpenGL version? Maybe an older Dolphin version?
You can't run Dolphin in Linux with your hardware. There is no way around that.

Windows is your best bet at getting dolphin to actually boot a game. But your hardware is too old and slow to run Dolphin at full speed. So the audio will suck and everything will be slow.

CarterCox

(03-19-2018, 05:12 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]You can't run Dolphin in Linux with your hardware. There is no way around that.

Windows is your best bet at getting dolphin to actually boot a game. But your hardware is too old and slow to run Dolphin at full speed. So the audio will suck and everything will be slow.

I understand. Thank you for answering so quickly.

Maybe you guys could recommend another emulator(not a GameCube emulator of course) that would be more appropiate for my hardware?

Thanks again Smile
(03-19-2018, 05:42 AM)CarterCox Wrote: [ -> ]I understand. Thank you for answering so quickly.

Maybe you guys could recommend another emulator(not a GameCube emulator of course) that would be more appropiate for my hardware?

Thanks again Smile

What consoles do you own games for?