Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Optimization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to optimize my dolphin to my PC so I can get the best looking and performing games on dolphin. I would like some tips and tricks and what build should I run on?

Specs.
CPU i3-6100 3.70 GHZ
GPU GTX 1060 3gb
RAM 8Gb
Windows 10 pro
The default settings should work fine for most games. To get the most out of your 1060, I'd use latest master. You can probably even run Ubershaders to prevent shader compilation stuttering.
(03-18-2018, 07:09 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The default settings should work fine for most games.  To get the most out of your 1060, I'd use latest master.  You can probably even run Ubershaders to prevent shader compilation stuttering.

What is ubershaders? and what should i do for specific game optimizations like twilight princess, sunshine etc
(03-18-2018, 09:26 PM)Buddyman57 Wrote: [ -> ]What is ubershaders? and what should i do for specific game optimizations like twilight princess, sunshine etc

Ubershaders is a feature introduced after the 5.0 stable build, this post has more details on how they work: https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2017/07/30/ubershaders/
Basically they stop games stuttering when new effects and such are drawn, and your GPU should be powerful enough for the performance impact to be minimal.
As for game optimizations... No need. Dolphin automatically changes it's settings in order to run games properly. The only exception to this that I'm aware of is to enable the Hyrule field speed hack in Twilight Princess, which isn't enabled by default since it causes the minimap to glitch a bit iirc.
(03-18-2018, 09:43 PM)Ivybridge11 Wrote: [ -> ]Ubershaders is a feature introduced after the 5.0 stable build, this post has more details on how they work: https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2017/07/30/ubershaders/
Basically they stop games stuttering when new effects and such are drawn, and your GPU should be powerful enough for the performance impact to be minimal.
As for game optimizations... No need. Dolphin automatically changes it's settings in order to run games properly. The only exception to this that I'm aware of is to enable the Hyrule field speed hack in Twilight Princess, which isn't enabled by default since it causes the minimap to glitch a bit iirc.

ty