Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do i get the Wii remote to work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Dolphin-users,

I'm fairly new to the Dolphin usage and i've followed countless tutorials. Everything works fine until one thing. I have my Miis stored on my Wii remote and want to use those on my games that i got. I got the Mii channel installed but i can't get the cursor to work so i'm stuck on the welcome message. Every button works and i just hoped that i could use the D-pad to make my way to the upload button, But no..

Now i've read that i need a sensor bar and i hoped it would work without i've seen countless people try it with 2 flashlights and that worked fine to a certain extend. I tried it too but that failed... Pretty hard. I don't have sensor bar to just grab. It's still connected to my own wii (Which stays with my parents, and that's why i have this emulator).

My question is: Is it possible to get the cursor to work without a Sensor bar. If yes. How?

Every game i start up works fine example: Mario kart wii i can steer and use my boosters and every button works. Which is weird because i have no sensor bar. I hope people can help me with this because i would love to get back into my childhood games! Big Grin
The sensor bar is just two infrared sources. It is only useful for when you point the wiimote at the screen, which doesn't happen in games like mkwii (although you can navigate the menus using it)
(03-18-2018, 02:56 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]The sensor bar is just two infrared sources. It is only useful for when you point the wiimote at the screen, which doesn't happen in games like mkwii (although you can navigate the menus using it)

I need to navigate through the mii channel menu to get my mii from the controller to the emulated mii channel. There is no option to just use the D-pad. Which is really annoying.

Second part. Mkwii works because i don't have to navigate that's the difference between mii channel and Mkwii and this also means that every navigate game i get will not work because of the problem with no source.