Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Going to be changing up my storage solution soon. Suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting an SSD for my computer as the boot drive and I also have two harddrives, a WD blue 1TB and an old (Ancient really) 200Gb Seagate Barracuda SATA I drive, which is 7200rpm but is running on the 150mbps interface. I'm currently using it to store videos so they don't take up space on my main drive which I want to use to hold PC games. I'd also like to try putting at least the game files for dolphin on it as well, but would running it from such an old hard drive cause any issues?
Obviously I'm likely going to at least give it a try, but does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?
Just about any harddrive is going to be way faster than the wii's disc drive. Maybe have some seek time? I doubt it will be a problem.
(03-16-2018, 08:27 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Just about any harddrive is going to be way faster than the wii's disc drive. Maybe have some seek time? I doubt it will be a problem.

Yeah, that makes sense. I just wanted some confirmation since people usually say any modern hard drive and it's... really on the edge of being called 'modern'.
I can't think of anything except maybe ancient IDE HDDs that are slower than a Wii disc drive.
(03-16-2018, 08:49 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]I can't think of anything except maybe ancient IDE HDDs that are slower than a Wii disc drive.

Thanks everyone for your responses, looks like I'll be able to free up that space on my main drive then.