Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: (GameCube) King Kong Mission 'Call Kong' How To Pass The Game Breaking Bug W/ V-Rex!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AwryScott

So I was really happy once I found out that I could emulate one of my old childhood favorites, Peter Jackson's King Kong on Dolphin 5.0 without lag! So once I installed and played all night I got to the mission "Call Kong" and got stuck at that infamous V-Rex tail bug where no one moves and nothing happens, Therefore causing you to stop playing since you cant beat the game past that.

Well, After almost a week of trying to figure out what was happening and learning the animation cycle of the V-rex and even digging out my old copy of the game for my old xbox to see how it was like! After all that, I found a sneaky glitch to fix the bug from happening!  Big Grin

- Youtube Video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahJyDE5OibM

I hope this helps anyone out that is annoyed at the game, wanting to beat it for the 100% run or just wants to replay their childhood fav!  Wink