Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New user! - a few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jb7

specs: i7 920 @3.6ghz
2gb sapphire 4870x2
6gb ddr3 @ 1450mhz
windows 7 x64 ultimate

Hi, I just have a quick few questions about running this on my pc

1) Does the emulator work PERFECTLY with the wii remote? I've heard it doesn't work so well with the wii motion plus (is this true?)..but the normal wii remote and nunchuck is all I have anyway

2) Do I need anything else besides my pc, bluetooth chip, wii remote and nunchuck, and IR sensor bar for the games to run as normal?

3) How many games (percentage wise) work perfectly on the emulator?

many thanks!
you've got yourself one fine CPU there...so you should have more speed than most. That said it's hard to say what is a "perfectly emulated" game...however, you would want to check out that "perfect on Dolphin" stickied thread in the "Game Discussion" forum...
As far as I can tell, the WiiMote + Nunchuck work perfectly; only there's no support for multiple WiiMotes yet...
For the WiiMotionPlus, you have to exchange the SYSCONF...I'm playin' "Wii Sports Resort" just fine with it Smile
No need for any other hardware...

jb7

(11-24-2009, 09:04 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]you've got yourself one fine CPU there...so you should have more speed than most. That said it's hard to say what is a "perfectly emulated" game...however, you would want to check out that "perfect on Dolphin" stickied thread in the "Game Discussion" forum...
As far as I can tell, the WiiMote + Nunchuck work perfectly; only there's no support for multiple WiiMotes yet...
For the WiiMotionPlus, you have to exchange the SYSCONF...I'm playin' "Wii Sports Resort" just fine with it Smile
No need for any other hardware...

many thanks for your help, I can't wait to get this up and running Smile Are there any multiplayer games you could recommend that only require one remote? I.e player 1 takes a turn, and then passes the remote to player 2 who takes a turn..etc etc

cheers
You're welcome Smile
Mario Kart Wii is great, because you can play it even with 4 people at once cuz you can use WiiMotes (i.e. one) and Gamecube-Controllers (make that any controllers which will be emulated Gamecube-Controllers).
Taking turns works well in Wii Sports, Wii Play (kind of...you just play a game and let the other one try to make a better score Wink ), and Wii Sports Resort.
Then, well, every game that's about highscores might be played like "taking turns", like even Link's Crossbow Training...

It's a damn shame, New Super Mario Bros. Wii supports only WiiMotes...as does Bomberman Blast! Sad
So everyones waiting for multiple Wiimote support, of course Wink
(11-24-2009, 09:43 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]So everyones waiting for multiple Wiimote support, of course Wink

we sure are!Tongue