Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Settings for my PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mr.Miyamoto

What resolution and other graphical settings are good to play Wind Waker on my PC at steady 30 FPS or near it. The FPS seem to drop a lot when I walk on grass. The specs are as follows:

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Processor/CPU: Intel i5 7200U
Video Card/GPU: Nvidia GeForce 920MX 2GB
Memory/RAM: 8GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 5.0
(03-09-2018, 01:49 AM)Mr.Miyamoto Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 5.0

Try the newest development version of Dolphin.

Mr.Miyamoto

(03-09-2018, 07:12 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]Try the newest development version of Dolphin.

Uhm just want to ask. Will it play WW bug/glitch-free? Huh 
(03-09-2018, 05:10 PM)Mr.Miyamoto Wrote: [ -> ]Uhm just want to ask. Will it play WW bug/glitch-free? Huh

It'll give considerably better performance across all games.

Simply using a newer Dolphin revision may very well give you adequate enough performance, in which case it wouldn't even be necessary to go into the nitty-gritty of specific individual settings or the like.
(03-09-2018, 05:10 PM)Mr.Miyamoto Wrote: [ -> ]Uhm just want to ask. Will it play WW bug/glitch-free? Huh 

If you are asking if the "Unstable" versions are glitch free, then the answer is not sure... but the same is absolutely true for the "Stable" version. Just because it says stable doesn't mean it actually is. It was just a feature freeze version/milestone that was obsolete the moment the next update was done.

The way the Dolphin Team works is: Once every now and then they will create a "feature freeze stable"-version, and then build upon that the next day with new updates and patches. 

In these new patches they already do a lot of bug- and regression testing so that it has minimal problems before it get merged into master, so in a way the "Unstable" versions are more stable than the "Stable" versions. They are just called Unstable because they are not 100% everything is fixed and error/glitchless and something might have slipped though the net.

About Windwaker: I didn't have any issues playing it on the default settings with 3xIR
(03-09-2018, 06:41 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]They are just called Unstable because they are not 100% everything is fixed and error/glitchless and something might have slipped though the net.

They're not actually called unstable Wink

Mr.Miyamoto

(03-09-2018, 06:41 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]If you are asking if the "Unstable" versions are glitch free, then the answer is not sure... but the same is absolutely true for the "Stable" version. Just because it says stable doesn't mean it actually is. It was just a feature freeze version/milestone that was obsolete the moment the next update was done.

The way the Dolphin Team works is: Once every now and then they will create a "feature freeze stable"-version, and then build upon that the next day with new updates and patches. 

In these new patches they already do a lot of bug- and regression testing so that it has minimal problems before it get merged into master, so in a way the "Unstable" versions are more stable than the "Stable" versions. They are just called Unstable because they are not 100% everything is fixed and error/glitchless and something might have slipped though the net.

About Windwaker: I didn't have any issues playing it on the default settings with 3xIR
Thanks! Big Grin