Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Visual glitches when trying to launch project M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am experiencing visual glitches when trying to launch Project M homebrew v3.6. I am using dolphin Version 6265. The glitches can be seen in the screenshots I attached, but basically, a bunch of triangles are drawn to the screen in places they shouldn't be, sometimes the triangles move across the screen with background or UI elements, but they always have one part of them anchored at some point.
Computer:
CPU: 7600k
GPU: GTX 970
RAM: 16 gigs

It should be noted, this only happens in Vulkan and Open GL, As far as I've seen D3D11 isn't affected. I've also had this problem while playing Kirby air ride, but I don't have screen shots of that.
Oh another thing I noticed real quick. When I launch, dolphin tells me I might need to play with DSP LLE, but I've never had to do that before. Also when I try to quit out, the game just keeps running, and I have to push quit again and dolphin says it's already trying to quit. What is it doing in the background?
(03-08-2018, 07:32 AM)RagingFire Wrote: [ -> ]Also when I try to quit out, the game just keeps running, and I have to push quit again and dolphin says it's already trying to quit. What is it doing in the background?

When you press quit once when running Wii software, Dolphin just asks the running software to make the console shut down, it doesn't force the console to shut down. The same thing happens if you do a short press of the power button on a real Wii. Games will normally shut down the console when asked to (maybe after taking a second to save data and show a fadeout animation), but if they've crashed or anything like that, nothing will happen. In that case, you need to press quit twice (on Dolphin) or hold down the power button for a while (on a real Wii) to force a shutdown.
Interesting, I didn't know that about dolphin or the wii, thank you.