Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Overclocked Processor Speeds up In-game Speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sew456

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently attempting to run Metroid Prime (GC) and I recently overclocked my processor (computer is my profile's specs). I noticed that the in-game speed has increased (music plays twice as fast, actions are performed twice as fast, etc.), despite having the speed limit set to 100%. I am assuming the issue has to deal with the increased processor speed from the stock speed. Is there a way to custom enter my processor speed, or is there some other way to fix this? Thank you for your time.
Does the speed percentage in the title bar while emulation is running say 100%? Is VPS 60?

Sew456

(03-07-2018, 03:55 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Does the speed percentage in the title bar while emulation is running say 100%? Is VPS 60?

Yes, it says VPS: 60 - 100%. After reverting back to my original stock clock speed. It played seemed to play at normal speed. I exaggerated when I said double speed. It sounds more like a 20% increase in the speed of the music and the game when overclocked. This would correspond to how much I increased my clock speed from stock about 20%.
Weird question - Is other stuff on your system faster? Music, clock, stuff like that?

Sew456

(03-07-2018, 04:47 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Weird question - Is other stuff on your system faster? Music, clock, stuff like that?

It didn't seem like it was at the time, but maybe I didn't notice it. I actually just restarted my computer with the same overclock I did before and everything is fine now haha. The music and the game play at normal speed. I'm not really sure what happened. If everything was faster it might have been a werid bug with my motherboard or something.