Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Screen shrinks to lower left corner upon stretching / going full screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bcoleman

I'm trying to play Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for the Wii. I was using the the latest Dolphin stable build (5.0) for Mac. Unfortunately the audio was high pitched and the graphics moved in slow motion. I found a way to correct the audio but apparently, because Dolphin no longer supports Direct3D9, there's no way I can correct the graphics.

Instead I tried downloading the latest development build, 5.0-6414. Without having to change anything, the audio and video worked just like it was supposed to. The only problem now is that whenever I try to stretch the screen to make it bigger or smaller, the game display all of a sudden shrinks to the lower left corner of my window. From here, there is no way to re-enlarge the game's display without closing out the game and opening it back up. Whatever size my window is when I open the game, the game display will fit it. However going into full screen make the game display shrink to the lower left quadrant of my screen. Yes, even if I check the "Use Fullscreen" box in the Graphics tab under Display. Unfortunately that counts as a screen change so it shrinks the games display.

I can confirm that this happens with all games. Gamecube and Wii included. I tried all versions of the experimental builds and the same thing happens. There seems to be a change in screen size issue. On my stable version, no matter what I do with the screen, the game display will match my window. Is there a file I can replace to use the screen settings from the stable build with everything else in the experimental build?

Screen shots included:

[attachment=16893]

[attachment=16894]

[attachment=16895]

[attachment=16896]
It's probably a regression. Does it happen in the Qt Frontend too?
I tested with a few games that I have on Windows 7, and it worked fine here, so it might be a Mac only bug?

bcoleman

I wouldn't know about the PC version but yeah I assume it's a Mac issue.

I don't know what a regression is. But yes, I tried the other version of Dolphin that came with the development build (qt) and it does the same thing.

FooBar

Seems like this began happening on Mac with version 5.0-6350.

With version 5.0-6346 it would full screen just fine (though the performance was terrible). Then, version 5.0-6346 had better performance on Mac, but would no longer full screen correctly.

Hopefully this will help someone narrow down where the problem resides.