Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ― Traversal server connection error ―
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

elcancell

― Traversal server connection error ― this is the error message i receive when I'm trying to go onto netplay, currently happening to everyone trying to play netplay with super smash melee(supposedly occurring with all netplay games). Please advise.
You should check with the people from Faster Melee, instead of here. Those builds are not officially supported here.

Profane

This is an issue with the server at stun.dolphin-emu.org on port 6262, it has absolutely less than nothing to do with melee. Did you even read the post? Everyone is experiencing a lack of traversal server connection on any game.
Isn't the smash ladder community running their own traversal server now a days? Especially since delroth is often too busy to kick the traversal server.
(03-06-2018, 10:55 AM)Profane Wrote: [ -> ]This is an issue with the server at stun.dolphin-emu.org on port 6262, it has absolutely less than nothing to do with melee. Did you even read the post? Everyone is experiencing a lack of traversal server connection on any game.

Seems like you didn´t read mine either: I told him to go check with the community of Faster Melee since those are the ones who provide the build he´s using, just in case.

@O.P.: Does it still happens when using latest build from the Dolphin website?

EDIT: I had that exact same thought of Helios when first replying to the thread, for instance.
(03-06-2018, 11:27 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like you didn´t read mine either: I told him to go check with the community of Faster Melee since those are the ones who provide the build he´s using, just in case.

@O.P.: Does it still happens when using latest build from the Dolphin website?

EDIT: I had that exact same thought of Helios when first replying to the thread, for instance.

You know we don't host the server. It's nothing to do with Faster Melee. It's a Dolphin issue globally for every version of Dolphin using the Traversal server.

ImRhys

Having this same issue. It usually works flawlessly. Having to use Direct Connect for the moment and it's horrible to play. Hopefully a fix is pushed to Dolphin server soon.
Fixed as of 03:34 UTC. The Traversal server bugged out and hung in an infinite loop. Ideally our monitoring would have caught that -- it was reflected in metrics but no alerting configured for it. I'm hopefully fixing that for next time.

Even with alerting, note that I can't guarantee fixing it quickly when it fails. If you want to make this better for everyone, go and implement systemd heartbeat support (or something like that) in the Traversal server code Smile
https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/6424 should improve long term stability, at least making these outages shorter.