Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: converting\ insert GCS save issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Goha

Hello)
Could somebody help me with save converting?

So, i have GC save file from http://middlemann.tripod.com/dorgamesaves.htm  in .gcs format. When i insert it in MemoryCardA.USA.raw by dolphins memcard manager i've got message " Imported file has invalid length"...  And thats i could suppose that file is corruped or something like this. But i took another save from this site and get the same message. So, i understand that i do something wrong.

I went to google with this issue and find gcs-gci converter(v2.51) from https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?98286   to try use it in .gci format to dolphin.   So i converted it, and got  "some gci save" but when i exported new gci save file I'am already get same message " Imported file has invalid length" again (((

Maybe could someone explain me what i need to do? Rolleyes

( put save gcs in attach)
The server (or the uploader, but unlikely) somehow put extra data onto the file, thus invalidating it. The solution is to truncate the file to exactly 262480 bytes.
Here I did it for you: [Gamesave 1] [Gamesave 2] (Or see attachment; I couldn't upload .gcs files directly, so they're in the zip file)
Dolphin can import these gcs files directly, no nothing else is needed.

Goha

(03-06-2018, 04:18 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]The server (or the uploader, but unlikely) somehow put extra data onto the file, thus invalidating it. The solution is to truncate the file to exactly 262480 bytes.
Here I did it for you: [Gamesave 1] [Gamesave 2] (Or see attachment; I couldn't upload .gcs files directly, so they're in the zip file)
Dolphin can import these gcs files directly, no nothing else is needed.

Thanx,
But anyway, dolphin can't load this saves now  Sad

[Image: vpvvpv.png]

I've try insert it in slotA.raw or put new cgs in to \Documents\Dolphin Emulator\GC\USA\Card  ( it will create 78-GWPE-__2f__wmed_sys.GCi)   -  anyway, in both variations it won't loaded...