Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Lost Okami game saves when loading in build 6392
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OUCH, tried build 6392, but got this. As soon as loading Okami, all game saves seem to be gone.
Maybe I've done something wrong, just wanted to confirm if you noticed similar issues.

My fault, after all. I wasn't cautious enough as to make a backup of memory card files before testing dev builds.  Blush
I reverted immediately to build 6382, luckily the issue seems to affect only the one game that I loaded.

[Image: 2efm1om.jpg]

Bye,
Lurka
There's nothing between those 5 builds that could delete a save file... are you sure this isn't a case of user error? After all... the Wii doesn't use memory card files.
Could be my error, but I'm sure I didn't do anything unusual. I just took some screenshots while the game intro was playing.
I'll make my backups from now on. Is a copy of Wii\title sufficient to backup the game saves or do I need to save other folders?

Thank you,
Lurka
I don't know, I'm really upset that you lost your savedata though and I want to try to figure out why Sad

Can you try making a new savefile in the old build and switching forward again? I wanna see if this is a legitimate issue in the new builds so we can fix it.
Trying again with 6392 but cannot reproduce the issue.
Maybe something had gone wrong before I updated and I didn't notice.
Could some commands or actions in Dolphin reset the save data of a Wii game?

Thank you and goodbye,
Lurka
Definitely some actions could delete a save, but, they usually warn you.