Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Viewtiful Joe - Lost Saves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

pedro moreira

So i played this weekend for like 6-8hs of Viewtful joe (GC game), on the most hard difficult setting, without upgrading health bar and stuff. Yeah, i'm one of those masochistics gamers, and i love it. Some games deserve a near perfect playtrough, and this is one of them.

But, even though the save menager of the game registered the saves i made (on memory card A AND B, just to be sure) and the yellow caption always said it was (re)writed on both Memory cards, I've lost all the progress made on that day after shutting down. It's the second time it happened on a week. I did not use save state cause, for me, it's the same as cheat. I'm playing to get better at the game, not just beat it.

It saves the game, as i already have a prior save of the game from days before, but i can't be sure whether a playing session will or not be saved correctly, even tough everything suggest it was. I don't use antivirus or any program that could mess with it, neither have it on some location that wouldn't allow to save, as i have a prior one from days before told above.

And yeah, I've already tried USA, JAP, EUR MC.
Do you have full read/write permissions on the Dolphin Emulator folder in Documents?

pedro moreira

(02-28-2018, 01:28 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have full read/write permissions on the Dolphin Emulator folder in Documents?

Thank you for replying

On the folder properties, the "read only" box was blue. I don't known exactly what it means, as each click cycles a empty, a ticked and the blue one Win 7). i will left it empty.

I don't think it will matter, as it did save before. Wii games games saves normally, so... The yellow caption from dolphin never accused any error. 

Anyway, i will do as told and bring the feedback.