Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MY POS PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

So after much time trying to get my game to work (Skies of arcadia legends) I found out from another user that my computer is to blame (which is funny cause it can play games like morrowind and fallout).

I was just curious if certain games take more power or am I out of luck for using dolphin?

Processor: Intel N3710 @ 1.6GHz
RAM: 8 GB
System type 64-bit OS x64-based processor

For some reason system doesnt show my video card so I have no idea what it is or how to find out (if that matters)

My brother bought this computer and I think it cost 600-800 was that a rip off (its almost a year old)
Ok, thanks for the reply. Time to save for a better computer lol.
Yeah, that CPU is likely only to have performance comparable to an old dual-core Athlon or a Core 2 Duo; you could run the Dolphin 5.0 benchmark to see how it truly stacks up.

Regarding graphics, it's extremely likely that it's running Intel integrated graphics which aren't terrible, but certainly is only going to provide 1x to 2x internal resolution.

(02-27-2018, 08:45 AM)Rotan Wrote: [ -> ]My brother bought this computer and I think it cost 600-800 was that a rip off (its almost a year old)
For the price and performance, much of that cost likely went into everything other than the CPU, such as a small form-factor, battery, screen, and perhaps an SSD.

As an example, a 15" HP x360 Envy also costs around that price but most of that money goes into the processor only - it's not small, the screen is pretty bad, it doesn't have an SSD, the battery life isn't great at all regardless of processor.