Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin immediately crashes after startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't even make it to the game. I click on Dolphin, it opens for a quick second then instantly closes. If I open multiple instances of Dolphin, then it will work. I have to old down "Enter" over the Dolphin icon. It goes so fast that I can't tell if the first instance of Dolphin closes or not, but all the rest of them stay open. So I close the rest of them except for one, and it works just fine. I loaded up an ISO and it ran.

Tried reinstalling my graphics driver.
Tried deleting the cache folder.
Tried making a portable.txt.
Tried crtl+r and %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks.

It wouldn't be such a big deal having to open multiple instances and closing all but one for it to work, but my frontend won't work with it since opening on instance of it doesn't work.
Which Windows are you using? The only thing in your profile states Windows x64, Is that Win7/8/8.1/10 or (god forbid) XP64?

Have you tried uninstalling all the .net and tried reinstalling them again? Have you tried uninstalling and updating your DirectX? Have you tried uninstalling all your VCC versions and reinstalling them? Is your Windows up to date? Are your drivers up to date?

To me it seems there is something fundamentally wrong with your Windows installation, if that happens...