Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hopelessly lost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone please excuse me if this post exists, but I have zero luck when it comes to google and searching.

I have downloaded and reinstalled so many versions of dolphin so many times Im going crazy!

basically it always gets a 'fatal error' and crashes, but from this point all the pop ups are blank and all I can see is the header so I have no idea what the rest of the messages say after that. From this point I have to restart my computer as from now on all progrms are messed up and wont launch. I also lose the ability to right click....very strange. (I can launch crhome still but the header has a black line through it)

I have tried every compadiibility mode and the same thing happens everytime. Dolphin can launch but as soon as I try to launch a game or press play with no game selected) The fatal error occurs.

I swear that I typed 'fatal error dolphin' in many diffrrnt ways in google and I cant seem to find my exact problem, so wether someone can help me or link to a similair thread I would be in much gratitude thank you Smile

and please ignore the awful spelling I cant right click to fix right now, sorry.

EDIT: I dont know what I did, but I got it working... Ok first all after a bunch of frggin around (have no idea what i did) I managed to see what the fatal error message said "dolphin failed to load d3dx11_42.dll" so from there I got it was a direct x issue (Even though mine was up to date)

So I uninstalled direct x and dolphin and re-installed both latest versions, and I can now launch the game correctly...I didnt go past the menu screen yet, so not sure if I fully fixed or not, but just wanted to post what I did since it worked.

Thanks everyone (even though I might have fixed lol) sorry for posting only to figure it out with-in the hour.
Sometimes all you need to do is complain/vent and it'll start working. We've all been there.