Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: TAS input not working for Wii Party
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheProJamer

When loading up Wii Party in Dolphin with TAS input open, it seems like once the game loads the initial data following the start up screen, the TAS input for all 4 WiiMotes now fails to do anything. Regular input via keyboard and mouse for WiiMotes works just fine. Is there a solution to this problem?
(02-26-2018, 08:26 PM)TheProJamer Wrote: [ -> ]When loading up Wii Party in Dolphin with TAS input open, it seems like once the game loads the initial data following the start up screen, the TAS input for all 4 WiiMotes now fails to do anything. Regular input via keyboard and mouse for WiiMotes works just fine. Is there a solution to this problem?

I remember reading something about not being able to do TAS runs with WiiMotes because of the issues of desyncs. So it could be that it is currently completely disabled? Maybe a dev can drop in and confirm/deny this?

Another way to test this yourself is to try any other game that supports WiiMotes and check if it works there.

TheProJamer

I did a few tests some weeks ago TASing Wii Fit Plus (which of course has its own progression barrier of not having an emulated Balance board option), and following the initial screen the WiiMote stuff worked perfectly fine. I haven't changed my build of Dolphin since.
(02-26-2018, 11:11 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]I remember reading something about not being able to do TAS runs with WiiMotes because of the issues of desyncs. So it could be that it is currently completely disabled?

It's not. Wii Remotes were disabled in netplay for a while, but not for TASing. The problem that this topic is about seems like a bug.