Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Too much overscan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have Dolphin running using an NTSC CRT Television with a 480i resolution. I'm trying to get the X/Y positioning to match as close as possible with actual hardware. With RetroArch there are settings to do this and I would have used the Dolphin core within there but it's not as up to date as stand alone Dolphin.

This is what the Gamecube looks like on my TV:
[Image: Gamecube.jpg]

This is Dolphin 5.0 (notice the sides are much more cropped)
[Image: Dolphin.jpg]

Maybe this has something to do with the game's vertical resolution of 528 and my TV's vertical resolution of 480?

"Crop" is unchecked in my settings. "Borderless Fullscreen" is checked, because if I leave it unchecked, it will run the game in a progressive resolution of 720x240, and it becomes very skinny horizontally. 

Is there a way I can make it to where the game isn't cropped so much on the sides?
Hi how did you connect your PC to a NTSC CRT tv? I also have a sony trinitron and i was wondering how you did that. did you buy one of those cheap coonverters? And check your internal resolution and make sure it's set to 1x
Get latest dev build and try again for the best results.
I am using a RetroTek VGA-to-YPbPr transcoder with CRT_EmuDriver. It's absolutely amazing and I made a thread over on LaunchBox forums about my HDTV + CRT Emulator setup.
[Image: emulator_setup.jpg]

Whenever I use the latest build, I get the following error message:

Failed to create IDXGIFactory object
Dolphin (without crop enabled) does not hide anything, showing literally everything the game puts out even when the game doesn't expect those things to be visible! So something inbetween Dolphin and the CRT is setting the position and size incorrectly, probably the "RetroTek VGA-to-YPbPr transcoder with CRT_EmuDriver". You'll need to adjust it in whatever settings that system has.

Ya Dad Wrote:Whenever I use the latest build, I get the following error message:

Failed to create IDXGIFactory object

Windows Update should take care of that!
Welp, now it just straight doesn't work at all. Dolphin instantly closes after I open it.

I followed this guide to try and reduce input lag
https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/...etup-guide

Maybe me disabling dwm.exe had something to do with it? I re-enabled it but Dolphin still crashes.
All right, so I just downloaded 4.0.2 (x86) and it loads up just fine.

What is going on? =/
Your computer doesn't have the correct dlls installed. If Windows update doesn't take care of it, you may want to download the latest MSVC runtimes and whatnot. x86 uses a completely different, so, just because it works means nothing.
(02-26-2018, 01:30 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Your computer doesn't have the correct dlls installed.  If Windows update doesn't take care of it, you may want to download the latest MSVC runtimes and whatnot.  x86 uses a completely different, so, just because it works means nothing.

It was working just fine earlier today. That's odd that I would just all of a sudden not have the correct dlls that I apparently had just hours ago.

EDIT: Installed VC_redist.x64.exe (Visual Studio 2017), Dolphin still closes upon startup.
Is your copy of windows up to date?
Pages: 1 2 3