Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: BackPatch error after several days of playing fine.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello World,

I started playing Sonic And The Secret Rings a couple of days ago and everything was fine, game ran very well(99% of the time) until today. Now when I try to play I can load up the game just fine, mess around in the menus but if I try to start a mission it starts loading it and after a couple of seconds I get error "BackPatch: no register use entry for adress 00000000094BE59D". All I can do is click ok then dolphin crashes with "program not responding error".

I'm running dolphin 5.0-6054 and I have been using "skip efb access from cpu" checked and an AR code with this game for 60fps, as the wiki recommends. If you need any other info let me know.

PLEASE tell me there is something I can do cause I really wanna finish this game and I totally don't fancy having to start over after how much time I've already put into it, specially if I have no guarantee that it wont once again work fine for a few days and then auddenly bug out again.... Sad(((((

Hope you have some good news for me, thank you.
Try again with latest dev build.
(02-24-2018, 12:48 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Try again with latest dev build.

Ok I'll try it. But do you think the version I currently have and thr latest one are close enough so that I can update without having to touch the folders in my documents that have all my settings and saves and stuff?
Yes, you can keep all of that.

If it doesn't work after updating, try disabling the 60 fps AR code.
(02-24-2018, 01:10 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can keep all of that.

If it doesn't work after updating, try disabling the 60 fps AR code.

K, so I updated dolphin and that didn't help, same error, different numbers. then I removed the AR code and the game did work, I completed one mission, then I closed it and enabled the AR code once more and I got the error again...

Problem is a fast paced game such as this is not nearly as playable at 30fps.Sad And while I do still intend to finish it like that if I have no other choice, can you please explain why the code worked perfectly fine for almost half the game and then suddenly decided to crap out; and is there anything I could do to get the code working again?
The code wasn't properly tested and isn't compatible with those stages. You'd need whoever designed it to look at what the game is doing that the code is breaking on.
I've updated the wiki to note the error. Can you provide more specific info regarding the impacted portion of the the game?
(02-24-2018, 01:28 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The code wasn't properly tested and isn't compatible with those stages.  You'd need whoever designed it to look at what the game is doing that the code is breaking on.

I see, well that sucks... I had no idea a "cheat" code could work for just part of a game and then suddenly stop working and cause problems. All the previous experience that I've had with cheat codes or fixes or frame unlocking, etc. was that they would eighter work 100% or not work at all.
So thanks for letting me know there is a third posibility. Wink
(02-24-2018, 02:47 PM)Kolano Wrote: [ -> ]I've updated the wiki to note the error. Can you provide more specific info regarding the impacted portion of the the game?

Sure Kolano I can try to be more specific, but do take what I say with a grain of salt as my memory is not that great when it comes to such matters.

So I basically played a couple of days with no problems and the code always active from the get go. The last day it worked I believe I got as far as "Levitated Ruin", did a couple of missions in that area(last one I think was the "Head To Head" mission of this area, which I failed) and then I had to stop, not because of any error, it was just time for bed. So at this point I was probably half way through the story mode(which is called "Adventure" in this game).
Next day, after I was done with my chores, and decided it's time to play some more I fired up the game, tried to continue where I left off and I started to get the error every time I tried loading into a mission, both new missions and I even tried older missions in areas that I had already completed with the code. None would work.... Sad

LE: After writing all that I went into the game with the code activated just out of curiosity to try another mission. Now to be very clear since my last post I've played some more of the game without the code(cause I didn't really have a choice) and I progrssed further, I'm probably 70% or more done with the story mode, i'm at thw first mission of "Skeleton Dome" now. So I try the code again just now and guess what! It's working again, including those older missions that didn't wanna work before!!! looool....

So if I was confused before..... I don't even have the words now.... What the heck could the game have changed, and only for a tiny part of itself that made the code not wanna work for a while?! Specially since in all this time I didn't notice anything differeny really in terms of gameplay or special effects, etc...