Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can someone please give me links to forwarders for the following
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
USB Loader GX

and

Genesis Plus

I've googled everywhere and downloaded a few wad files for both that said they were forwarders but then when i try to use Multi Mod Manager to install them none of them work Sad

P.S. One more thing... anyone know if there's a way you can exit Nintendont when using native controls?
Are you trying to install these in dolphin or a wii?
(02-23-2018, 11:21 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you trying to install these in dolphin or a wii?

Wii... used Dolphin for years but like with any emulator, nothing works perfect, so i gave up on it. Got a console for $10. Btw, any chance  you would know the answer to that other question? Just wondering so i know if i need to buy another of those Wii U-to-GameCube adapters (obviously the official one made by Nintendo works, i used to use one, but will a cheaper 3rd party version work too on Nintendont?)
All Wii's *except for the RED Wii Mini* have built in GC ports, as well as built in mem card slots so you do not need any adapter
(02-24-2018, 04:16 AM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]All Wii's *except for the RED Wii Mini* have built in GC ports, as well as built in mem card slots so you do not need any adapter

No, there is also a normal-size Wii model that doesn't have GC ports or memory card slots. Only the original model (which admittedly is pretty common) has them.
What is the problem with the forwarders? Do they not install, or do they not work?

If they don't install, the question is if you can install other, fake or unsigned, stuff. Also, what error are you getting?

If they install, but don't work: Do you have the .dol file in the right place on the sd card? Have you tried this with a different sd card? Or even more important, have you tried an actual sd card(<=2 GB max capacity) that is not sdhc or whatever?

Regarding the different types of wiis:
The white Wii without gamecube ports is actually the 4th model or so. The oldest Wiis have a dvd drive that reads DVD-Rs, a boot1 with the signing check bug(BootMii installable to boot2) and gamecube controller ports. All these things were taken away one by one with the gamecube ports being removed last, not sure about the other 2 things.
You're right, there are multiple hardware revisions that all have GC compatibility. But they look basically identical on the outside, and have the same functionality as long as you're using them "as intended", which is why I counted them as the same model.
Thanks for the help and advice to all ya'll who commented. Got everything working now. I found the proper wad files i needed for both and then used [color=#2b4f7a]YAWMM_EN to install them and it worked perfect first time and both forwarders work flawlessly Big Grin And as for the Native Controls thingey... i just set "Native Controls" to OFF in USB Loader GX and my wavebird works perfect from the controller port on my console and the exit button-combo now also works too (btw that was what i was referring to - unless i'm mistaken then if you run a game in Nintendont with Native Controls on it disables the exit button-combo, right?) Well now using USB Loader GX (as i said) i've found a way around it Smile Cheers peeps and keep keeping the world safe from the forces of evil Big Grin

[/color]