Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Galaxy 2 spin does NOT break anything.. but warps?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All my settings seem to run every game I try just fine, with fluid fps. Mario Galaxy 2, seems to have some controller issue I cant figure out.

I'm using xinput with a xbox controller. I have mapped the shake/spin action to the y button and left trigger.

In the game, Mario spins.. Which does work on warp stars.... but it does not break crystals or effect enemies.... I'm stumped...help????
Did you verify that you have a good dump of the game? If you right-click on the game in Dolphin's list, go to Properties > Filesystem and verify the disks?
(02-23-2018, 07:10 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Did you verify that you have a good dump of the game? If you right-click on the game in Dolphin's list, go to Properties > Filesystem and verify the disks?

Yep. No errors found.
Seriously. Over 40 views... and nobody plays Galaxy 2 with a controller and has this issue?
Lol, it's only been 3 hours, we aren't that fast Tongue

Have you tired the latest dev build of Dolphin?
(02-23-2018, 08:18 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, it's only been 3 hours, we aren't that fast Tongue

Have you tired the latest dev build of Dolphin?

On 5.0.  Did the same thing on 4.2 or 4.3 beforehand.
(02-23-2018, 08:42 AM)LOKI Wrote: [ -> ]On 5.0.  Did the same thing on 4.2 or 4.3 beforehand.

Latest dev, not latest stable. Check the lower part of the Downloads section.
(02-23-2018, 08:49 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Latest dev, not latest stable. Check the lower part of the Downloads section.

I'll look.. but if that's what it requires.. then why is the boards not full with this issue with this game?
(02-23-2018, 08:42 AM)LOKI Wrote: [ -> ]On 5.0.  Did the same thing on 4.2 or 4.3 beforehand.

Please try with the current development release (5.0-6362 as of this posting): https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

You may also want to check if it's related to some custom configuration. Try using the Refresh button in the controller config, resetting your settings, and trying again. You may also want to try adding a blank portable.txt file to the Dolphin folder, which will force Dolphin to not use the centralized settings in your Documents folder; which should typically reset settings in the emulator to default.

There is ongoing work to revise the handling of the emulated motion controls (i.e. shake, etc.), but I don't believe SMG2 is currently related to any known control issue.
Ok. Updates.
It seems the shake is working now, breaking crystals and stunning enemies... BUT.. the game is stuttering crap now. It ran smooth fps on 5.0.   ugh... now what

EDIT: Same with Kirby Dreamland. Ran smooth fps on 5.0.  Also, stuttering on dev build
Pages: 1 2