Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii U pro controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KingPenguin

Hey, so I've been trying to use my Wii U pro controller for Dolphin; I just got a Bluetooth attachment today and the bluetooth can find and connects the controller just fine but Dolphin treats it as a Wiimote. Is there any way to use it as a standard controller for Game Cube games?
You need something that will map the controller to a DirectInput or XInput device.

http://www.wiinupro.com/

confusingly enough on that site, WiinUPro is what you want

KingPenguin

(02-21-2018, 11:29 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]You need something that will map the controller to a DirectInput or XInput device.

http://www.wiinupro.com/

confusingly enough on that site, WiinUPro is what you want

I've installed this app and have been finicking with it for awhile. It picks up the inputs perfectly but I have no clue how to map them to my keyboard input and any guides I've found are either unhelpful or are from 2015. Think you could walk me thru it/direct me to a good guide?
Why do you need to map it to your keyboard?

You said you were using a Wii u pro controller

KingPenguin

(02-21-2018, 11:55 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you need to map it to your keyboard?

You said you were using a Wii u pro controller

Isn't that the point of the app? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but I thought it was used to map controller inputs into inputs compatible with standard controller options for Dolphin eg. DInput/0/Keyboard/Mouse. 
No, it creates a virtual "xbox 360 controller" which is effectively an xinput device, which Dolphin can use. Click the dropdown in the controller window to select it.

KingPenguin

(02-21-2018, 01:04 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]No, it creates a virtual "xbox 360 controller" which is effectively an xinput device, which Dolphin can use. Click the dropdown in the controller window to select it.

Ok well I tried setting up the controller in the WiinUpro app as an XInput and selected that from Dolphin as standard controller but it doesn't recieve any inputs I press on the controller in Dolphin. I'm trying to figure that out.