Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best Ways To Reduce Lag Without Regard To Video Quality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NES64

I hope this is the right place to ask this, and I couldn't find any answer specific to my circumstances, so here's my question: Is there any way I can reduce MOST lag by altering the default preferences? I know a lot of people deal with the lag to be able to keep a good quality image, but I'm willing to greatly reduce image quality if it helps reduce lag. The only adjustment I've made so far is changing the fullscreen resolution to 640x480 (the lowest) under general graphics. What else can I do in terms of settings or video quality to reduce lag?
Appreciate all answers, thanks
Use the latest development build, Graphics > Hacks > XFB settings > Check "immediately present XFB"

I don't think increasing IR increases input lag anymore unless you can't run at full speed with higher IR in the first place.

A thing is being worked on that will hopefully reduce the audio latency of the cubeb audio backend for Windows users. But right now you don't need to mess with any of those settings
I think he might just be talking about normal slow downs in dolphin. Seeing as you have an older AMD A6 labeled as your CPU, depending on the game, its probably your APU that is slowing you down.

There isn't a whole lot you can do if your CPU is too slow, let alone your GPU.
Oops.

Yeah, default settings are mostly fastest. You have a very old (and very slow) CPU.

NES64

Ah, understandable. I was just thinking there might be a way to increase speed by lowering the quality, despite of what my specs are. Thanks anyway