Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: macOS 10.9.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I am new here so thanks for having me.

I am on macOS 10.9.5 Mavericks. I am not inclined to go to a higher version. I was using the 5.0 build 3550 or something like that and it was fine. I made a mistake and came on the site and downloaded the latest build, 6335, without bothering to check about it only being for Yosemite and up and copied it into my Applications folder over the other version. Now it wont work, obviously, and the latest default 5.0 download wont work either. Please could someone kindly inform me of which is the latest (last) version that will run on my OS and where to get it from (link/URL/etc).

Thanks
I have just been in the list of master builds and grabbed 5.0-3315 which functions properly for me, but as above, please if someone knows, what is the latest build for my OS?
Hmm, I'm not aware of any reason that the newest development builds wouldn't work on 10.9... But it's possible that they got broken by accident without us noticing. (That's what happened with the 5.0 stable release – the support for 10.9 broke and nobody noticed it until after the release was made.)
I just did some testing and found that Dolphin master-5.0-5971 is the last build that will run on my system. The next one, 5975, gives a warning, Failed to compile a ps shader, with Debug info (ATI Technologies Inc., AMD Radeon HD 6770M OpenGL Engine, 4.1 ATI-1.24.39): ERROR: 0:47:'[' : syntax error, I have attached a screenshot of it. After dismissing the warning, the render window continues with garbled, unusable video.
Could you upload the bad_ps_0000.txt file that the error message mentions?
5.0-5975 has the merge of "Use VideoCommon shader generators for EFB-2-Texture Copies".

Maybe degasus could help you a bit further (he´s the author of that change).
(02-19-2018, 01:41 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Could you upload the bad_ps_0000.txt file that the error message mentions?
Further testing has revealed that 5.0-4899 is the last version with audio working for me. The next on in the list, 5.0-4901 has the note "Remove CoreAudio audio backend (PR #5690 from ligfx)" and from this one onwards only silence for macOS 10.9.5 I am afraid.
Have you tried the Cubeb audio backend?
(02-19-2018, 03:00 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the Cubeb audio backend?

No, what's that?
Pages: 1 2