Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 4K resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what is the minimum specs to play games on dolphin on 4K resolution?
A 4 GHz haswell processor and a current gen GPU around the same performance as a 1050ti.

/Thread
that looks expensive
4k is expensive.
Admittedly it was quite a bit less expensive 12 months ago...

I kind of wonder how well the iGPU of the Ryzen 2400G gets on in Dolphin with resolutions greater than 1080p, particularly with Vulkan.
i am sure that this expensive setup will become cheap 10 years from now
(02-18-2018, 11:33 PM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]i am sure that this expensive setup will become cheap 10 years from now

I guess you can easily build a second hand PC for around 300 US Dollar that will run 99% of the whole library at 4k. I mean, my NEW PC cost about 800USD including GPU, which was a second hand GTX780 which I got for 65 USD and 6x IR is not an issue for it at all.
Buying a computer right now is not a good idea. Prices for RAM and graphics cards are insane right now. It should come down in a couple months for NVIDIA cards with the new architecture coming, and as for RAM, it should be back to normal by the end of the year according to analysts.
Though at the same time, the Ryzen 2200G and 2400G offer great stop-gap solutions in terms of graphics seeing as they're basically a Ryzen 1200 and 1400 with an overclock and a free GT 1030 or Rx 550 thrown in.

We know the Ryzen 2200G/2400G can't do 4k in modern games, but Dolphin isn't modern games and accordingly has considerably lower GPU requirements. Also we know it can do at least 3x IR which is actually considerably higher vertical resolution than 1080p (3x IR is at least 1440 pixels high).

Also, wouldn't this thread be more appropriate for the "Hardware" subforum?