Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The amd 2200g and 2400G thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 2049113548.jpg]

Test of 2200g
https://youtu.be/kgUVcI-8468

Test if 2400g

Just ordering a 3750k I'm having some buyers remorse right now. From a "I'm gonna use the igpu" stand point.
I'm saddened that he had copies of Rogue Leader and F-Zero GX and yet he didn't test them considering just how demanding those two are to run in Dolphin.

Also disappointed by a lack of testing "Ubershaders" and no mention of trying the Vulkan renderer.

...and why use a 3 month old revision of Dolphin?
(02-17-2018, 08:05 PM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm saddened that he had copies of Rogue Leader and F-Zero GX and yet he didn't test them considering just how demanding those two are to run in Dolphin.

Also disappointed by a lack of testing "Ubershaders" and no mention of trying the Vulkan renderer.

...and why use a 3 month old revision of Dolphin?

And the guy in the video uses Scene releases....
(02-17-2018, 11:34 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]And the guy in the video uses Scene releases....

Dose it in pack performance in any way? 
(02-17-2018, 11:34 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]And the guy in the video uses Scene releases....

I can't watch the video atm, but does it contain links or instructions to anything? If so, the video needs to be removed. We don't want to be affiliated with any of that. But I'm not sure a video of a performance test, wherein the tester used illegally obtained games, actually violates our rules. Seems a bit of a stretch when the rules were designed to prevent people from downloading games and getting support for them, but here it seems entirely incidental to the topic of how certain CPUs handle Dolphin.

Other members of Forum Staff, feel free to say something about this. My opinion isn't absolute after all. For now, I want to make it very clear that we do not condone downloading games. It's simple and trivial enough to rip/dump your own games with a Wii.

@Karmec - Scene releases are dumps floating online that originally came from groups dedicated to putting games out for anyone with an internet connection. They don't contain any sort of performance boosts. They're just plain illegal in most countries due to copyright infringement. You're better off dumping your own games, especially since some of those scene releases aren't even complete dumps/corrupt.
(02-18-2018, 03:12 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]I can't watch the video atm, but does it contain links or instructions to anything?

No, the guy just sucks at testing Dolphin. Or any of the emulators he showcased, really.

No links or instructions on how to pirate his trash
I'm troubled by the elitist attitude shown in this thread. I have mostly been in my own thread since I registered here and have appreciated the knowledge shared in that thread. But the way people have shared thire opinions in this thread have me trubbeled. I though you better then this.

@Shonumi
I download all my roms. I was being sarcastic.
That's the second one in not even a week...
(02-18-2018, 06:52 PM)Karmeck Wrote: [ -> ]@Shonumi
I download all my roms. I was being sarcastic.

At least you're honest.

Closed.