Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii OS.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey,
i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me a tutorial on how to boot the wii os on the dolphin emulator. i have tried diferent builds and paisted the dump into the right directory..i think lol if anyone could help it would be great thanks heaps.
Maybe this can help you: http://www.dolphin-emu.com/news.php?read...c_start=20
(The comment by Loginer)
thanks for the reply,
i tried that but i couldn't find the menu Sad
is there a certain rev i should have?
ok well i got it working but theres no menu icons
is there a way to get channels showing on the menu?
(04-10-2009, 11:36 AM)fusionx Wrote: [ -> ]ok well i got it working but theres no menu icons
is there a way to get channels showing on the menu?

Normally it should work. Maybe EFB to Ram enabled or another hack would show the icons. Don´t know.
there is the disk channel but thats it. is there a way to have just say homebrew channel or something on there. does this emulator have sd support? so can i use my sd card in my computer and the emu picks it up as the wii's sd slot? ty fusion

cmccmc

Only the disc channel so far.Sad
SD Support:No
The homebrew channel loads stuff from the SD card, so the team would have to implement SD card reading in Dolphin also. Reading from the drive is much faster anyway so it would probably be better if Dolphin had it's own menu for wad files and the stuff that can be loaded with it, after all the point of the Homebrew Channel is to bypass the restrictions of the Wii, which Dolphin can already do. But SD card support would be very useful of course for accessing encrypted saves directly with the Wii OS.
(04-11-2009, 09:06 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]The homebrew channel loads stuff from the SD card, so the team would have to implement SD card reading in Dolphin also. Reading from the drive is much faster anyway so it would probably be better if Dolphin had it's own menu for wad files and the stuff that can be loaded with it, after all the point of the Homebrew Channel is to bypass the restrictions of the Wii, which Dolphin can already do. But SD card support would be very useful of course for accessing encrypted saves directly with the Wii OS.

really i was just using the homebrew channel as an example XD its what poped into my head at the time Tongue but yeah i would like sd support and maybe to be able to put more channels on the wii os Smile
You cant put channels...
For that you need put the files .wad(over example : Mii) in the User/Wii/(I dont know what folder ...)And...You will have the mii channel =)...
Well, I dont know if that is true, but can be real, becouse a program transferred the .wad to the wii channel (putting in the sd card)
EDIT : Seld can see the : "Insert a Disc" Channel, but if you go to Emulation>Change Disc, the "insert a disc"channel, dont will change.
Pages: 1 2