Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DasBoSchitt !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Here comes the dirty poorass WinXP fan with an pimped out IBM Office PC !"
I got a terribly fucked up idea !
Since the ATI ATHLON X2 250 PC I have sucks and worst of all its not mine and doesn't use Windows and I must extract some textures from Wave Race Blue Storm
Now, I am asking this seriously !
My Pimped Out Pimp My Ride IBM office PC !
Pentinium 4 2.6 GHz (That old blood was the SERVER/WORKSTATION CPU OF ITS TIME SO KNEEL AFTER IT)
GeForce 2 MX400
512 DDR1
WinXP 32 Bit
So
The older versions of Dolphin supports 32 Bit OS and SSE2 According to this URL http://www. shall not be named/system-requirements.html (Why does that site still up ?)
Now
I must rip some textures from Wave Race Blue Storm through "Dump Textures while playing" and rip textures+everything else through an ISO file manager !
So
Is there an Dolphin version that my Pimped Out IBM supports ?
Does that version support live texture dumping and NGC ISO browsing/extracting ?
Even If I can rip files from WRBS disc, What If they are in BIN etc ? How Can I convert them to something more "common" ? (PNG/BitMap)
Site Admins/Help Squad:Thank you Mr DC3 I belive your PC suck-
Me: https://youtu.be/KXKZ1IPnOs4?t=56s
There's pretty much zero chance of *any* version of dolphin running on that pc - a dx7 era GPU simply won't work, even if you used the *extremely* slow interpreter cpu backend (removing the requirement for 64-bit - but it will literally be impossible to play enough of the game to actually dump a decent sampling of textures before you're old and grey...)

The amd athlon x2 would be quite a bit faster than a p4 - you say it doesn't use windows - what OS does it use? Dolphin supports more than windows remember.

And as for poking around in the game iso image directly - the formats used aren't standard over all gamecube/wii titles, it's up to the game devs to decide what to use, and what's supported by their engine. It may be others have already decoded the formats used in each specific game, or they use a relatively well known standard format, but that's kinda outside the context of the emulator itself.
(02-17-2018, 06:30 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]There's pretty much zero chance of *any* version of dolphin running on that pc - a dx7 era GPU simply won't work, even if you used the *extremely* slow interpreter cpu backend (removing the requirement for 64-bit - but it will literally be impossible to play enough of the game to actually dump a decent sampling of textures before you're old and grey...)

The amd athlon x2 would be quite a bit faster than a p4 - you say it doesn't use windows - what OS does it use? Dolphin supports more than windows remember.

And as for poking around in the game iso image directly - the formats used aren't standard over all gamecube/wii titles, it's up to the game devs to decide what to use, and what's supported by their engine. It may be others have already decoded the formats used in each specific game, or they use a relatively well known standard format, but that's kinda outside the context of the emulator itself.

My Mom Uses Puppy Linux
Nuh said
Also zero chance ?
1 FPS and waiting 30 minutes to get a menu screen texture dump is enough for me !
ALSO I LEARNED THAT GF2MX4 Supports DX 9 !
(02-17-2018, 06:33 AM)DouglasDC-3 Wrote: [ -> ]My Mom Uses Puppy Linux
Nuh said
Also zero chance ?
1 FPS and waiting 30 minutes to get a menu screen texture dump is enough for me !

Dolphin works on linux....

And no way the geforce 2 supports dx9. It simply doesn't have programmable shaders. It may be that you could 'get dx9 to run', but it'll be sw rendering, and not using the graphics card to do anything but scan out to the screen...
(02-17-2018, 06:33 AM)DouglasDC-3 Wrote: [ -> ]My Mom Uses Puppy Linux
Nuh said
Also zero chance ?

Again, it does not: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_2_series

EDIT: Ninja´d.
You keep making these threads, and the answer will keep being the same.

No, your hardware is trash and no. You won't be able to make Dolphin do anything remotely useful in it.

Come back when you can get at minimum, sandybridge class hardware and a GPU that can support D3D10/11
CPU-wise something like 3+GHz 45nm Core 2 Duo wouldn't be too bad of a stop-gap "solution" considering that those kind of systems can be literally gotten for free (maybe excluding shipping cost).
I guess something like that would be able to do melee, but you still need a GPU that can do D3D10/11
(02-17-2018, 06:52 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin works on linux....

And no way the geforce 2 supports dx9. It simply doesn't have programmable shaders. It may be that you could 'get dx9 to run', but it'll be sw rendering, and not using the graphics card to do anything but scan out to the screen...

Reasons I can't
First of all, Its PL 4.0 or some shit like that so It will be an pain in the ass to find libraries and even If I find them, there is no guarentee it will work !
And as I see, normal RPM etc doesn't work and the only working packages are the ones that are specially coded to Puppy Linux named .PET files !
And the worst part
It lives On a USB and copies itself to the RAM !
And no save file !
So even If I find some libraries It means there wont be space on the RAM to load a single PNG
So...
Dafuq am I going to do ?
I can do the red revolution again (I am not a communist) by installing W8.1 but my family will take the saw to my ass
So
Lets say a miracle happened and I installed W8.1 64 to the 40GB SATA
Does 5.0 Have an NGC ISO browser that can see everything ?
(02-17-2018, 08:31 PM)DouglasDC-3 Wrote: [ -> ]Reasons I can't
First of all, Its PL 4.0 or some shit like that so It will be an pain in the ass to find libraries and even If I find them, there is no guarentee it will work !
And as I see, normal RPM etc doesn't work and the only working packages are the ones that are specially coded to Puppy Linux named .PET files !
And the worst part
It lives On a USB and copies itself to the RAM !
And no save file !
So even If I find some libraries It means there wont be space on the RAM to load a single PNG
So...
Dafuq am I going to do ?
I can do the red revolution again (I am not a communist) by installing W8.1 but my family will take the saw to my ass
So
Lets say a miracle happened and I installed W8.1 64 to the 40GB SATA
Does 5.0 Have an NGC ISO browser that can see everything ?

Yes... But again, 99% sure you won't be able to "extract" textures from that isofile since 99% sure the game uses some kind of special format that is only known by the developer of the game.