Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Vulkan Hybrid ubershaders or exclusive ubershaders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For DX11 is would use hybrid but since i recently discovered that Vulkan is much faster than DX11 which one would be better to use? I know that OpenGL has issues with ubershaders and i was wondering if Vulkan had the same issues aswell.
GL does not have issues with ubershaders. All backends work fine with ubershaders in both settings. There is some small issues with ubers on nvidia GPUs on Vulkan and GL but apparently only in extreme cases.

There is no difference between hybrid and exclusive ubershaders in terms of quality. Exclusive is only for drivers that don't like our hybrid implementation and testing. (I'm honestly starting to question why we expose exclusive mode in UI)

Exclusive mode is just exponentially harder on your GPU for no benefit.
(02-14-2018, 05:47 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]GL does not have issues with ubershaders. All backends work fine with ubershaders in both settings. There is some small issues with ubers on nvidia GPUs on Vulkan and GL but apparently only in extreme cases.

There is no difference between hybrid and exclusive ubershaders in terms of quality. Exclusive is only for drivers that don't like our hybrid implementation and testing. (I'm honestly starting to question why we expose exclusive mode in UI)

Exclusive mode is just exponentially harder on your GPU for no benefit.

Oh ok i understand now. Thank you!