Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help using controller for IR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

WinterStar

I wanted to play Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree 2 players, but its a game that uses IR and the A button as controls but since Dolphin doesn't support 2 cursors, i wanted to use a controller but the IR being stuck to the center makes it messy.

Is there a way to use IR freely like with a cursor but with a controller? i tried to simulate a wiimote using joycon vJoy sliders but the centered IR is getting in my way

My available controllers are Joycons and DS4

Repeat: it's 2 players so i cant just use another cursor

Thanks. c:

https://imgur.com/a/nw3kf
(02-13-2018, 11:42 AM)WinterStar Wrote: [ -> ]its a game that uses IR and the A button as controls but since Dolphin doesn't support 2 cursors

Not sure what you mean by this.

(02-13-2018, 11:42 AM)WinterStar Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to use IR freely like with a cursor but with a controller? i tried to simulate a wiimote using joycon vJoy sliders but the centered IR is getting in my way

I believe what you want is Relative input, I also believe this is only available on the development versions so you might want to update to those.
(02-13-2018, 11:42 AM)WinterStar Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to play Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree 2 players, but its a game that uses IR and the A button as controls but since Dolphin doesn't support 2 cursors, i wanted to use a controller but the IR being stuck to the center makes it messy.

Is there a way to use IR freely like with a cursor but with a controller? i tried to simulate a wiimote using joycon vJoy sliders but the centered IR is getting in my way

My available controllers are Joycons and DS4

Repeat: it's 2 players so i cant just use another cursor

Thanks. c:

https://imgur.com/a/nw3kf

It is not Dolphin that doesn't support 2 mouse cursors.... it's Windows that detects every mouse and connects it to the arrow on the screen, not much Dolphin can do about that.
For the rest I am with the post above me: turn on relative input for the controller.