Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question on Conduit ASE Shutter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am playing the conduit, and the game becomes unplayable with the ASE activated. I looked on the Wiki and it said that it is a problem with the OPENCL and JITil. The problem is I cannot find the option to disable them in the manual. Can someone help me? Thanks!
Neither of those options exist in Dolphin.

The feature is probably still very slow, and thus, your computer isn't powerful enough to run Dolphin when the game is doing that. It is possible that this is either a fault/inefficiency of Dolphin, the feature itself is just that hard to emulate, or your machine is simply too slow to emulate it. It's hard to say.
It doesn't help that you didn't fill out your profile correctly, but if by unplayable you mean slow, the conduit is not an easy game to emulate and haswell class performing processor is probably recommended.

What does unplayable here mean?
(02-13-2018, 03:35 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't help that you didn't fill out your profile correctly, but if by unplayable you mean slow, the conduit is not an easy game to emulate and haswell class performing processor is probably recommended.

What does unplayable here mean?

My specs are  windows 10 64 bit, and gtx 1070 and 16gb of ram

But Yes, I mean that the frame rate takes a dive with the ase activated.

so I guess that this part from the Wiki is misleading?

"Normally the game runs better when these options are enabled but with them off the ASE functions work at full or near full speed with little slowdown"
Honestly those options are snake oil that don't affect performance and was written by users, so yes. It's absolutely misleading imo.

I don't know why ASE is slow, so, I can't help at the moment, but if you think it's slow to the point of being a bug, you can report it on the issue tracker. I wouldn't expect IMMEDIATE attention, but, sometimes devs look for things to optimize.
My stats are attached below. I think my computer is powerful enough. Can someone take a look and tell me if this is normal? Is it enough to run the conduit? Oddly enough, conduit 2 runs at full speed for me. There is no slow down with that ASE
Theres no reason you shouldn't be able to run everything in Dolphin. Either something got a lot more intensive that we didn't think about and system requirements have gone up (Maybe Dynamic BATs? I dunno), or you have a misconfiguration somewhere on your system or Dolphin. This is by far the most common.
(02-13-2018, 01:51 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Theres no reason you shouldn't be able to run everything in Dolphin. Either something got a lot more intensive that we didn't think about and system requirements have gone up (Maybe Dynamic BATs? I dunno), or you have a misconfiguration somewhere on your system or Dolphin. This is by far the most common.

I didn't change settings other than resolutions and AA.

One tester said "ASE stutter may be caused by shader compilation"

Is there any setting I need to touch regarding shaders?
(02-13-2018, 02:21 PM)yhe1 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't change settings other than resolutions and AA.

One tester said "ASE stutter may be caused by shader compilation"

Is there any setting I need to touch regarding shaders?

I don't own this specific game, but taking these steps should make sure that you at least get the best performance possible.

1. Download and extract the latest development build to a new foldder, if you haven't done so already. You can find these on the download page if you scroll down a bit. (for your convenience: https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/builds/dolphi...325-x64.7z is the latest version as of 2018-02-13)
1.5 Optional: I also recommend renaming your whole "Dolphin Emulator" folder from "My Documents" just to be sure no wrong/broken settings are carried over from an older version and everything is 100% set up to default (or create a portable.txt in the same directory as your dolphin.exe.) *Keep in mind that your save game will not be available unless you copy over the MemCard for GC or save folder for Wii (save folder can be found by right clicking the game in the dolphin gamelist and selecting "Open Wii Save Folder")*
2. Download the latest graphics driver from the nVidia site
(for your convenience I will add the link here (2018-02-13): https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/3...l-whql.exe )
3. Set up 3xIR, Hybrid Ubershaders and D3D backend in Dolphin for your graphics configuration and shader compilation stutter should theoretically be eliminated.

4. If it is still slow after doing all this: set 1x IR and turn SSAA/MSAA off > Still slow? Might be a hard/slow to emulate function or there is a bug.

If you suspect that it is a bug or if you want developers to at least take a look at it you can file a report here: https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/projects/emulator/issues, be advised that Dolphin is an OpenSource project that is run and developed by volunteers and that might mean this will be solved when a developer has time and/or thinks this is an interesting project for him/her to tackle *which might be "never"*
The third step alone fixed it. Thanks much!