Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Loading off a Bluray Disc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I assume they just have to initially load from a disc then just running from a temp location off the hard disc?

Which means my ISO's made from my games can be thrown onto a BD-R to save space correct?

Thanks.
(02-11-2018, 10:10 PM)Ratso Wrote: [ -> ]I assume they just have to initially load from a disc then just running from a temp location off the hard disc?

Dolphin doesn't copy ISOs from the Blu-Ray disc to the hard disk automatically when running them, if that's what you were wondering. It reads everything from the Blu-Ray unless the data has gotten cached in RAM (or unless the OS uses the hard disk as a cache, but I don't think it does that).

(02-11-2018, 10:10 PM)Ratso Wrote: [ -> ]Which means my ISO's made from my games can be thrown onto a BD-R to save space correct?

I don't know if it's going to be fast enough or not. A few people have tried doing it with DVDs, and that has led to slowdown when running games, but I can't remember anyone trying it with Blu-Ray.
So if was really adamant about space I could drag them off one at a time when I wanna play, but then I would lose my listing of games. Bah, I'll throw my other crap on discs. Pictures of the cats can go on the girl's laptop.