Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 5.0 - 3345 build fails on linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheSilentLink

Hi I have been trying to build 5.0 -3345 on Linux Kubuntu 17.10.

It fails here every time:

[ 69%] Building CXX object Source/Core/Core/CMakeFiles/core.dir/IOS/USB/LibusbDevice.cpp.o
[ 69%] Building CXX object Source/Core/Core/CMakeFiles/core.dir/IOS/USB/Bluetooth/BTReal.cpp.o
[ 70%] Building CXX object Source/Core/Core/CMakeFiles/core.dir/HW/EXI/BBA-TAP/TAP_Unix.cpp.o
[ 70%] Building CXX object Source/Core/Core/CMakeFiles/core.dir/HW/WiimoteReal/IOLinux.cpp.o
[ 70%] Building CXX object Source/Core/Core/CMakeFiles/core.dir/HW/WiimoteReal/IOhidapi.cpp.o
[ 70%] Building CXX object Source/Core/Core/CMakeFiles/core.dir/MemoryWatcher.cpp.o
[ 70%] Linking CXX static library libcore.a
[ 70%] Built target core
Makefile:162: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I installed all the ubuntu 16.04 dependencies and have ran cmake -Dbindir=../Binary/Linux -Ddatadir=../Binary/Linux .. to get a local global directory.
The failure happened before the log you pasted - either paste more of the log (try to look for any "Error" messages), or build with "make -j1" (so it doesn't use multiple processes - which is slower on a multicore system but at least then any failure messages will be guaranteed to be at the end of the log)

Also - I hope there's a specific reason you're using this particular version? The later dev builds have a number of fixes and improvements you'll be missing out on...

TheSilentLink

(02-11-2018, 09:18 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]The failure happened before the log you pasted - either paste more of the log (try to look for any "Error" messages), or build with "make -j1" (so it doesn't use multiple processes - which is slower on a multicore system but at least then any failure messages will be guaranteed to be at the end of the log)

Also - I hope there's a specific reason you're using this particular version? The later dev builds have a number of fixes and improvements you'll be missing out on...

Hi I am getting this error:

In file included from /home/maxime/dolphin-emu/Externals/wxWidgets3/src/common/string.cpp:39:0:

/home/maxime/dolphin-emu/Externals/wxWidgets3/include/wx/xlocale.h:44:18: fatal error: xlocale.h: No such file or directory
         #include <xlocale.h>
                  ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
Externals/wxWidgets3/CMakeFiles/wx.dir/build.make:4622: recipe for target 'Externals/wxWidgets3/CMakeFiles/wx.dir/src/common/string.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [Externals/wxWidgets3/CMakeFiles/wx.dir/src/common/string.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:466: recipe for target 'Externals/wxWidgets3/CMakeFiles/wx.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [Externals/wxWidgets3/CMakeFiles/wx.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:162: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Also yes there is Mario Party netplay discord uses this build for netplay.
This error was fixed by https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/297...4ab582cc6/

You can backport it if you want to (it's a simple change), but then Dolphin will detect that you're not using an unmodified version of 5.0-3345, so you would need to hack the version detection in order to play netplay with others who are using 5.0-3345.